test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are they all hackers or did I miss something?

So last year during the summer event on Risa, I saw a lot of players with male toons shirtless.
I wanted to have mine shirtless too, but there was no option that allowed it.
I know its not that important, but I just wonder if they where hackers or did I miss the option or buy the wrong swimwear?
The summer event was fun and I'm looking foreword to this years if its happening again.

Best Answers

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,989 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    A long time ago the tailor could be launched in a manner that may have resulted in certain things being bypassed so as to be less restrictive.

Also when a dev says "characters of race x and alliance y shouldn't be able to wear costume z", the first thing many players will do is to put that very costume (z) on all their related (x-y) characters just before they fix it, because human nature :smile:
  • Options
    oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    it might be cause saurian.

I will offer this....

There are absolutely uniform exploits, and I know this because I have deep dived the issue many times.

Personally I cannot figure out how they do it, but I've seen it mostly on fed aliens, fed humans, and rom characters.

For whatever reason they can mix and match just about any uniform piece... the most memorable was the herald lobi armor being mixed with rom and winter gear at the same time. the uniform itself was BA, but when asked the people i have talked to say it is just an option for them and they see no restrictions... I feel like that answer is BS and they are scared if they say something and the word gets to the wrong people, it will be fixed... otherwise.. personally i wish i knew..

Answers

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,037 Community Moderator
    I believe there is an option in swimwear, however as the majority of my characters are female I do not know what that is. The only male I have is a Jem'Hadar who has no swimwear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    quasarbat#2903 quasarbat Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I believe there is an option in swimwear, however as the majority of my characters are female I do not know what that is. The only male I have is a Jem'Hadar who has no swimwear.

Ok, I'll check again next time I play.

protoneous wrote: »
    A long time ago the tailor could be launched in a manner that may have resulted in certain things being bypassed so as to be less restrictive.

Also when a dev says "characters of race x and alliance y shouldn't be able to wear costume z", the first thing many players will do is to put that very costume (z) on all their related (x-y) characters just before they fix it, because human nature :smile:

I see, kinda think that would actually be better if it was less restricted....
    I've seen a human character with the gorn clothing once!
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    The only male I have is a Jem'Hadar who has no swimwear.
    Once he has a proper swimwear option available to wear, he'll be able to go shirtless.
    Females, regardless of species, cannot go shirtless.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    j34vych3m9x1.png
    I'd call this shirtless, it's not topless but but she's not wearing a shirt as far as I can see.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    So last year during the summer event on Risa, I saw a lot of players with male toons shirtless.
    I wanted to have mine shirtless too, but there was no option that allowed it.
    I know its not that important, but I just wonder if they where hackers or did I miss the option or buy the wrong swimwear?
    The summer event was fun and I'm looking foreword to this years if its happening again.
    There are two areas one is uniform and one is more casual which has a lot of different options. Could it be you only looked at the uniform slots? Its been many years since I used it, I think there was a slot called "off duty" or something different to the main uniform slot.
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    There are two areas one is uniform and one is more casual which has a lot of different options. Could it be you only looked at the uniform slots? Its been many years since I used it, I think there was a slot called "off duty" or something different to the main uniform slot.

Yes there is an off duty category. There is also a swimwear category. And if you're a Costume Fiend like me, there are many other categories as well including Baseball.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited April 13
    And if you're a Costume Fiend like me...
    <looks around, and gingerly raises a hand>
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Ok I'm back.
    So this is the retro swimwear, its the only one that lets me have a shirtless toon.
    j2zjjqt94b0g.png
    The "bare chest" option actually gives you a shirt, so I don't know why its called that.
    So is this really the only option?
  • Options
    it might be cause saurian.

I will offer this....

There are absolutely uniform exploits, and I know this because I have deep dived the issue many times.

Personally I cannot figure out how they do it, but I've seen it mostly on fed aliens, fed humans, and rom characters.

For whatever reason they can mix and match just about any uniform piece... the most memorable was the herald lobi armor being mixed with rom and winter gear at the same time. the uniform itself was BA, but when asked the people i have talked to say it is just an option for them and they see no restrictions... I feel like that answer is BS and they are scared if they say something and the word gets to the wrong people, it will be fixed... otherwise.. personally i wish i knew..

Ah, I see. Hmm, I guess I'll just have to get swimwear for my romulan and Caitian and see.

• Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    Plus, as the game has aged some changes were made to the options you could pick. Aliens at one time could have tails and some belt options would override the Orion loincloth. Like the Formal and Intel belts. I still have one Orion captain sporting those.
  • Options
    baucoin wrote: »
    Plus, as the game has aged some changes were made to the options you could pick. Aliens at one time could have tails and some belt options would override the Orion loincloth. Like the Formal and Intel belts. I still have one Orion captain sporting those.

I wish the gorn had tails, that would be cool! At least they let you make a gorn character in nothing but a loincloth.

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    Ok I'm back.
    So this is the retro swimwear, its the only one that lets me have a shirtless toon.
    The "bare chest" option actually gives you a shirt, so I don't know why its called that.
    So is this really the only option?

Bare chest option is called that because it has chest that more or less fully visible for male toons and has bikini tops for female, it doesn't mean "no shirt" but "exposed chest", Look at the pick of Mirwast I posted above, she has bare chest to the extent the rating would allow.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    Yeah, some sort of hack or command line that still works is at play. Today I saw a Discovery era Klingon running around with a tail and reverse knee legs.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I bought a ball cap to wear with the aloha shirts, but i can't seem to have both. bummer because jimmy buffett often wore a baseball cap
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,519 Arc User
    People also play tricks with skin color and fabric color to make it look like the fabric is skin, but with the limited palettes I imagine that's hard to do.
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I think either Board Shorts or the old Beachcomber shorts might make it possible? Would need someone with a male character and a bunch of summer outfits to confirm.
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I think either Board Shorts or the old Beachcomber shorts might make it possible? Would need someone with a male character and a bunch of summer outfits to confirm.

Ah, I'll look into those.

• Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I found ways to emulate the likes of Spyro, Cynder, Midna, Veemon and Guilmon using the Red Angel suit. It's a very versatile uniform.
  • Options
    I found ways to emulate the likes of Spyro, Cynder, Midna, Veemon and Guilmon using the Red Angel suit. It's a very versatile uniform.

I've got some pretty good cosplays on my main, including a Ghostbuster, Lucina from Fire Emblem, Sami from Advance Wars, and Saber from FATE/Stay Night. The Majalan top actually makes for a very good breast plate for that.