test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Synergistic Retrofitting set bonus bugged

I'm trying out the consoles on the 23rd century dreadnoughts since the latest Mudd's Bundle dropped. The 3 piece set bonus says the set consoles get +50% recharge speed, however when using the consoles their cooldowns go from 2 minutes to 1 minute 20 seconds. It's only dropping by 33%, not 50% as the tooltip suggests.
"We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    The recharge speed is increased by 50%, not the cooldown time reduced by 50%.
    The way the percentages and fractions work, this reduces the cooldown time by 40 seconds.
    If S is the recharge speed, then we can equate that to "Recharge ÷ 2 minutes" 
             Thus, S = R÷2 and so R = 2S

With the console, we have "1·5 × S = Recharge ÷ NewTime", thus we also have 1·5S = R÷T

Subbing the first into the second gives: 1·5S = 2S÷T

Rearranging for T:
             T = 2S ÷ 1·5S and the two S's will cancel out leaving just "T = 2 ÷ 1·5"
                                                                         = 1·33333... minutes = 1 min 20 seconds.

- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    The recharge speed is increased by 50%, not the cooldown time reduced by 50%.
    The way the percentages and fractions work, this reduces the cooldown time by 40 seconds.
    If S is the recharge speed, then we can equate that to "Recharge ÷ 2 minutes" 
             Thus, S = R÷2 and so R = 2S

With the console, we have "1·5 × S = Recharge ÷ NewTime", thus we also have 1·5S = R÷T

Subbing the first into the second gives: 1·5S = 2S÷T

Rearranging for T:
             T = 2S ÷ 1·5S and the two S's will cancel out leaving just "T = 2 ÷ 1·5"
                                                                         = 1·33333... minutes = 1 min 20 seconds.

Huh. That's not apparent from the tooltip in that case. Would it be worth amending it to say "cooldown reduced by 33%" instead or something? The way it reads at the moment seems to suggest it should be 1 minute cooldown instead of 2.

"We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    Recharge Speed and Cooldown Time are not the same.
    The amount of recharge a skill needs is always the same, but increasing the speed of recharge will reduce the cooldown time.
    The phrasing of the tooltip is technically correct, if not the easiest way to understand.

There's items in the game with tooltips giving percentages of over 100% to various things which requires careful thinking about how that works.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/