test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug Hunt 'Bug' reported by Support

rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited March 15 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Bug Hunt run issue.

I've been in Bug Hunt 'Elite'. One must have 'Elite' abilities (shield, weapon, experience, etc.) and know what to do before and after Lt. VanDerveer opens every cave - to 'win', not go in an guess your way thru - just being a' shooter' when they should be watching n learning from others.

A lot of players are just going into Elite without any preparation - and need to run Bug Hunt normal and advanced several times (at least ten (10) times) before attempting Elite 'with' the equipment to be Elite. People want the best rewards 'yesterday' and perhaps have not even run all past STO story episodes - and need to run/re-run them more than 3'xs. Why? Old content gives you time to learn, be aware of your surroundings, anticipate actions, etc., find and get 'gear' you may need to easier win missions.

'Fleets' were created to help people sometime back in 2012-2013 as 'no one' knew what to do when STO started (with just 5 Space and Ground 'Borg Missions') - no one to contact, no TeamSpeak or Discord. After fleets were created and got organized, the 'Best of the Best' in the fleets learned and continued to learn all missions by STO. Most importantly, how to do mission in multiple ways, meaning they found 3-4 ways to win any mission - taught members, and those who learned fast were then asked by Fleet Leaders to train new fleet members (as they had to attend to new fleet issues, grow the fleet, etc.) and top fleet players still had to figure out the new fun always coming down from STO to then teach others.

So, new people need to do 'all' past missions before taking on 'advanced' fun before even thinking about Elite. If you find yourself as the person in the lead at times, good - your learning, but -- sometimes being in the lead is running behind in last place, seeing what others missed. This may be how Elite players learned. I know I did.

Today, now that most fleet bases are 'completed', people have moved on, lessons learned - lost. Fleet's today don't even think of training members, which means spending time learning how to win in 2024+ (and before) content coming at a record pace and people wanting the latest stuff before knowing what they need and how to use it. (Comment: if u r paying into any fleet base, they OWE you back, by teaching, not just getting fleet gear. If not .. )

Before going into the last 'cave' where the 'Spawnmother' is, the last 'pop-up' from the Lt. VanDerveer gives a warning (which may no longer be necessary) 'unfortunately' stops some players from physically moving (even if you have the 'keep moving during dialogue' button 'ON' in the ground options.

*Important*: You -need- to choose your ground options ON THE GROUND, not in space or they won't or may not work as intended! Closest ground I found near Fed Starbase is 'directly north' straight up on the map - to Nimbus III (top edge of the map, on the map line.) I don't believe Starbases count as 'ground'. Even though I did this, the following issue continued...

(Private correspondence removed. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments