test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC PATCH NOTES FOR 2/29/24

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
edited March 7 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC Maintenance today, 2/29, at 6am PT. Estimated downtime is 3.5 hours. Thank you for your patience! You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11564493
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    So no mentioned fix for the event set many people are about to unlock ?
    Well the servers are about to have even more issues.
    A quick fix might be a good idea... if there isn't an unnoted fix.
  • Options
    zenmasterchip#3022 zenmasterchip Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    That was fairly CRYPTIC... Can you spell it out for us Normal/Regular players?
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Why is the patch server sooo damn slow :( been her an hour and its barely done 75 percent.
    This is not normal? Normally its alot faster?
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Still no fix for the new Borg Frigates not working on all full carriers?
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Can we please have a toggle to turn off the 'NEW' inventory tag. It's annoying to not have a choice.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    This is an awfully short set of Patch Notes for that mahoosive pre-patch I got last night.
    Now, it feels too soon for us to be getting another content drop, which makes me wonder why the patch was so massive...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    vesty#3846 vesty Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Ok ...I dunno what you guys did 2 to 3 weeks ago but the server lag is sooo bad right now. I mean ya cant even play the game ... i got a random miner instabilities and server not responding so bad that it was not even worth completing . heCK i was rubberbanding so bad while standing still. Moving was just brutal....
  • Options
    malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    Can we please have a toggle to turn off the 'NEW' inventory tag. It's annoying to not have a choice.

Would get my vote.

As it is, it's just a useless addition.

if things were actually new it wouldn't be quite as bad, but seeing new tags over and over again on stacked items, because you picked up yet another one during the last patrol or mission is just worthless...
    How many times do I need to know I got another unwanted lockbox, or yet more batteries to dump at the vendor?

How many times do I need instantly recognisable items obscured by a pointlessly large tag, that I then need to hover over to tell at a glance what I just got?

Sorry devs, it's useless. Try again.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Having had a chance to log in and play a bit... on the NEW UI Tag. I like it.
    I don't have anything against a disable option. However I appreciate it. I have one toon I open all my lockboxes on... and my inventory is very cluttered. Having a NEW pop over things is actually nice. Minor but good addition.
  • Options
    sharrashimadasharrashimada Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Came here to vote for a toggle of the "new" flag. Its just awful. It hides half of the icon of the item. I can see the usefulness for some people, but for me, i just want it gone for good.
  • Options
    edited March 2
    New tag is causing me all sorts of problem. I craft a lot and its turning my stacks into new tags. 1000 stack. add 1 item new tag on the entire stack. Move an old item to resell, new tag, gather some materials new tag. Pick up a R&D box new tag. Its a R&D box I don't need a tag to know what it is.

It does nothing useful but cover up items making them harder to tell apart. We need to be able to switch this off or limit what it triggers for.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited March 2
    I just sweep the mouse over the rows and it clears those tags when I want an unblocked view the stuff underneath them. That is quick and easy, like using the big eraser in an art program. Come to think of it, if the code is too twisty to make a checkbox toggle practical, they could put a little button in to quickly touch all the cells which would clear them, though even that seems a bit extravagant for an occasional annoyance.

The tags do come in handy sometimes when I use something up without noticing (or have a random empty inventory cell for some other reason), make or pick up something else, then need to find where it disappeared to quickly instead of having to squint along all the rows carefully for it.
  • Options
    sharrashimadasharrashimada Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I just sweep the mouse over the rows and it clears those tags when I want an unblocked view the stuff underneath them.

That may be the case, but i dont need that feature at all. I do not want it, and never asked for it. So its an unnecessary annoyance and one step too much at all. For me the new feature has 100% downsides but 0% benefits. Why should i like it?

• Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Apparently this latest patch BROKE a lot of stuff. It's going to be nearly impossible to get past Sphere of Influence, as the icons you're supposed to repeat a la Simon are INVISIBLE. Was this intentional?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Apparently this latest patch BROKE a lot of stuff. It's going to be nearly impossible to get past Sphere of Influence, as the icons you're supposed to repeat a la Simon are INVISIBLE. Was this intentional?

That is a ridiculous question. Of course, it's not intentional. File a bug report in the Bug Reports subforum and stop spamming threads with this.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I filed a bug report in-game, and sometimes spamming is the only way to get a dev's attention. I've tried doing only single posts, and they often just go ignored. What am I supposed to do?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    I filed a bug report in-game, and sometimes spamming is the only way to get a dev's attention. I've tried doing only single posts, and they often just go ignored. What am I supposed to do?

The correct and proper course of action is to contact support via here, you may be asked to post in the support section of the forum for higher visibility, but spamming is NOT the correct route to take as that could lead to you receiving either a temporary ban from the game or in extreme circumstances a permanent ban. I can guarantee you NOTHING a player submits goes ignored as you are claiming. A process has to be followed, some reports take longer than others, but spamming only slows the whole process down further. Just a word too the wise.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

The correct and proper course of action is to contact support via here, you may be asked to post in the support section of the forum for higher visibility, but spamming is NOT the correct route to take as that could lead to you receiving either a temporary ban from the game or in extreme circumstances a permanent ban. I can guarantee you NOTHING a player submits goes ignored as you are claiming. A process has to be followed, some reports take longer than others, but spamming only slows the whole process down further. Just a word too the wise.
    From my experience I find that hard to believe. Not only have I seen many bug reports ignored. Some of them have been extremely simple fixes often only requiring a simple text change in the store. For example when buy a bundle that has an item listed, then no one gets that item. Its a simple fix either change the text as the item shouldn't be in the pack or add the item. Yet no one will fix it. Its false advertising and involves real money. Being a simple fix and due to its nature it should be prioritised not left ignored.

Then we have stuff like the Legendary First Strike Bundle its been out almost a year. Cost a lot of real life money and its Command and Temporal pets have been broken since day 1. Just how much longer is it reasonable to wait for it to be fixed? I am not convinced this "Process" is working correctly.

I just brought the Borg Kingdom pets and it really worries me the devs have done there first "bug pass" on the pack and will just abandon it like every other pack and leave the Borg Kingdom pets still broken even though its a very simple fix. (they don't work on all full carriers as they missed some tags) Are they going be left like the Digital Construct Drones broken and not able to be used by all full carriers?

It often feels like that. Even when the fix is a simple 2min text change they will just move onto the next shiny thing rather then fix it. I don't think I have brought one single item in years that has worked correctly and not been bugged. Its got to the point where its reduced me spending money on the game as I know they will just release something new without the most basic of quality control checks and testing then leave it broken and move on.

There are always going to be bugs its just the poor quality control and amount of bugs is shockingly poor. Many of which should have been picked up on the most basic of testing before release.
  • Options
    nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 24 Arc User

You are not supossed to do anything besides reporting the bug once and thats it. I hope you realize you are not the only one having this bug... its every single one of us. The devs obvioulsy are aware of it, so again, do nothing. And spamming is the worst thing you could ever do, anywhere.
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User

If you watched the Cryptic live stream (or now the VOD), that bug is being worked on and has been a little while, so all the spamming was adding to nothing. Could they of communicated the fact it was under investigation, sure, but they never have for any bug so don't expect that to change any time soon.
This discussion has been closed.