test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wolf 359 Event TFO giving AFK penalties

tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
Just a heads up, since roughly 4:30pm Eastern, Wolf 359 public event queue (run from the Event menu), has been handing out frequent "You received AFK penalty" completions. No completion reward, no event progress, and an AFK timer so you can't just run it again.

This has been happening to people who did top DPS, full participation, engaged in each goal (rescue pods, destroy assimilator, kill Spheres, attack Cube). And to people who did it the exact same as they did just a couple hours ago.

A couple people have reported that if they run it in private queue, it works. Not confirmed if this is a solution since it may just be sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    The devs are aware of this issue. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    An internal change accidentally made it so that most players will receive an AFK penalty when completing the Battle of Wolf 359. We recommend not doing the TFO right now, and we'll let you know as soon as a fix is live.
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    From what I was told, the other TFO "Guillotine" should still be working, if anyone wants to use that for a workaround.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    An internal change accidentally made it so that most players will receive an AFK penalty when completing the Battle of Wolf 359. We recommend not doing the TFO right now, and we'll let you know as soon as a fix is live.

Thank you for the heads up Kael
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    yeah I'm another one. I was sitting pounding on the cube with gravity wells, 2 hangars of gunboats adn the summoned ship adn 2 wingment going at it and i got the afk.. i was livid for about 5 minutes
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    halfmoon10halfmoon10 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 30
    I played Guillotine twice and did not receive a progress point for either day. However I did again today #3 and got the event points. Nothing to do with timer as I was at all times in the eligible time frame.
    Post edited by halfmoon10 on
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    seems to be working now
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    halfmoon10 wrote: »
    I played Guillotine twice and did not receive a progress point for either day. I have given up not worth the Hassel.

Did you check the countdown timer first? Once or twice over the years I've done the daily too soon before the 20 hours was up.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    yeah I'm another one. I was sitting pounding on the cube with gravity wells, 2 hangars of gunboats adn the summoned ship adn 2 wingment going at it and i got the afk.. i was livid for about 5 minutes
    The glitch seems to be gone now. Instead, it looks like we don't get credit for destroying the assimilation probes if they're too close to the cube.

Oh, and incidentally, please don't pound away on the cube until the last phase. You can't destroy it, and that distracts from killing the weapons, killing the assimilation probes, and rescuing the escape capsules.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The glitch seems to be gone now. Instead, it looks like we don't get credit for destroying the assimilation probes if they're too close to the cube.

Oh, and incidentally, please don't pound away on the cube until the last phase. You can't destroy it, and that distracts from killing the weapons, killing the assimilation probes, and rescuing the escape capsules.

Yeah, noticed that myself, just completed a TF and we got credit for 4 for 24. We were melting the probes as soon as they appeared

This discussion has been closed.