What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PSA - PC pre-Anniversary daily giveaways have started - check promo tab daily

davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
Giveaways on PC:

Jan. 18 - 4 ship slots
Jan. 19 - 2 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
Jan. 20 - 3 infinity R&D promo packs (thanks echatty)
Jan. 21 - 1 ship upgrade token
Jan. 22 - 3 Infinity Duty Officer Packs
Jan. 23 - T6 ship coupon! (thanks crypticarmsman)

Console just started The Feast (event 5 of 5) so I'm guessing it will be at least a month before the console event begins. Also, console freebies do not always match PC freebies.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Today is three Infinity Promotion R&D Packs
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    selioneselione Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Giveaways on PC:

Jan. 18 - 4 ship slots

Jan. 23 - Anniversary

Console just started The Feast (event 5 of 5) so I'm guessing it will be at least a month before the console event begins. Also, console freebies do not always match PC freebies.

it SAYS Infinity Duty Officer pack here, and on the log in page....but I was given (and the page shows) Gamma Duty Officer packs
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    That's odd... I received 3 Delta Alliance Duty Officer Packs... How does that work... Is it, like, random?

CRM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    selioneselione Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    That's odd... I received 3 Delta Alliance Duty Officer Packs... How does that work... Is it, like, random?

CRM

hah you are correct, i logged back in to check and it was indeed Delta pack
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited January 23
    selione wrote: »
    Giveaways on PC:

Jan. 18 - 4 ship slots

Jan. 23 - Anniversary

it SAYS Infinity Duty Officer pack here, and on the log in page....but I was given (and the page shows) Gamma Duty Officer packs

You get 10 lobi per pack or a ship if you beat the 1 in 100 odds when you open these 3, so it really is an infinity / promo version of the pack not the standard zen store version with no lobi. I got a rock 30 lobi, but lobi is always useful.
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User

Kael wrote the announcement, so he messed up. On the Promotions tab of the Z store and actual item itself it's Delta Alliance DOff pack. Not Infinity pack. In total I got 30 Lobi, three duty officer packs with 9 officers and a bunch of one commodity each.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    captainkc wrote: »

Kael wrote the announcement, so he messed up. On the Promotions tab of the Z store and actual item itself it's Delta Alliance DOff pack. Not Infinity pack. In total I got 30 Lobi, three duty officer packs with 9 officers and a bunch of one commodity each.

The reason they call it an "Infinity Doff Pack" is that it has some of the innards of an Infinity box stuffed into the Doff pack box. That is why you got so many Lobi, and if you hadn't gotten the Lobi on all three you would have received an infinity ship selector box instead of one of those stacks of ten Lobi (the odds are very much against that happening of course).
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Free stuff is alway great, just wish the duty officer packs were bound to account instead of character so you could give some to an alt of the other faction. :(
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    Free stuff is alway great, just wish the duty officer packs were bound to account instead of character so you could give some to an alt of the other faction. :(

I just did that, so it can be done via the account bank. You just have to open the outer boxes on the first character, inside each is a stack of account-locked lobi (or if incredibly lucky an infinity ship pack) and a "common" pack of around seven Delta quadrant doffs of various qualities that also goes into the account bank for distribution just fine (just don't open the doff pack itself until you get it to the character you want to use it).

The inner doff packs I sent to a Fed-Romulan, a KDF, and kept one on the Federation captain who I originally claimed the 3x pack with. They all opened and at least appeared to function correctly on all three (I did not test to make sure, just looked for the usual error message that happens with a mismatch and there was none on any of them).
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »

I just did that, so it can be done via the account bank. You just have to open the outer boxes on the first character, inside each is a stack of account-locked lobi (or if incredibly lucky an infinity ship pack) and a "common" pack of around seven Delta quadrant doffs of various qualities that also goes into the account bank for distribution just fine (just don't open the doff pack itself until you get it to the character you want to use it).

The inner doff packs I sent to a Fed-Romulan, a KDF, and kept one on the Federation captain who I originally claimed the 3x pack with. They all opened and at least appeared to function correctly on all three (I did not test to make sure, just looked for the usual error message that happens with a mismatch and there was none on any of them).

Thanks, didn't know that. :)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited January 23
    Giveaways on PC:

Jan. 18 - 4 ship slots

Jan. 23 - Anniversary

Looks like the Giveaways continue:

Jan, 23 - Free T6 Ship Coupon

Per baddmoonrizin in the STO SHORT NEWS UPDATES thread @9:22 AM on 1/23:
    t's time for #StarTrekOnline 's anniversary and for you to get a T6 ship of your choice from the ZEN Store, for free! Get a free T6 Ship coupon with 100% off from the ZEN Store Promo tab today!
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.