test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Episodes are great, But could we get Full Blown Expansion?

With lower decks being popular I do see an opportunity that this franchise has never dived into, yet only slightly. I do real an episode of Voyager that the Doctor was compelled in creating a play for his friends, yet himself being a hologram his art was misinterpreted. However in Heavy Dilithium mining where Holograms were used for the "Dangerous" Mining. It was a Hit among the holograms. I found this particular episode quite fascinating. But it was never expanded on past this one episode.

My suggestion is to explore the space fairing economics between the systems and planets of Star Trek. How the territory wars effect those trade routs as well the essence that is star trek Discovery of strange worlds and other unique races under the First discovery's. I do realize this game is dated but perhaps its time we see a major update? Supporting production and thusly the dev team to create such an update is something I would support, I would personal pre-order an expansion to help its further content and development, if it were to be on the table. I mentioned this in a previous thread, but i wanted to continue the discussion of an Expansion more thoroughly in the feedback section of the forums. Any and all feedback would be great. Thank you!
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    It has been years since they had a team big enough to do anything big like full expansions in a reasonable amount of time. They experimented with various workflows and the current one with the smaller, more frequent releases mixed with older event content gives the players a smoother experience than bigger drops with long dry spells between. There is an old Ten Forward video where they talk about it a bit, but I have no idea which one it is anymore and there are too many hours to slog through to find it again.

Adding a trader layer to the game would be nice, but I doubt the devs have the resources to do one anymore unfortunately even if the engine could take it (which I am not sure it can, it was originally designed to do superhero stories and adapted to Trek). Most of the games with a player-driven ingame crafting economy started out as simulation engines with an MMORPG layer added instead of the other way around (EVE is a good example of that kind of game in a sci-fi setting, though it is too heavily weighted to favor subscribers to be fun for most potential F2P players).

Also, with Trek it is rather unclear how trade is actually supposed to work in it, and no realworld examples of large-scale co-operative economies in action to model after either. In the shows they showed freighters now and then, had Mudd and Jones in a few episodes, and mentioned Orion free traders, but almost nothing in the series actually shows any of it in action (or at least almost nothing besides weird Ferengi schemes that rarely work out anyway), and most of what they do show seems to be little pockets of an amateur craft economy rather than the main economy.