test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More patrols like Jupiter Station Showdown please !!

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I just played Jupiter Station Showdown and that was just what the doctor ordered !! I don't like having to replay an entire mission and the battle zones can feel kind of "same old same old" after a while. I love this type of ground mini-mission where there is a task to complete and good combat, but no over-arching story line you have to whittle through for 30-40 minutes. If STO just had 5 or 6 of these, I would be playing them all the time !! Thanks STO !!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    Some of the old normal difficulty only TFO would be nice candidates to be converted into patrols in my opinion.

E.g.
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Colony_Invasion

and

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Starbase_Incursion

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,522 Arc User
    Ground patrols are a nice change of pace to get in some combat with your own doffs instead of a group of other captains.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. And a ground "patrol" gives you some fun action without having work through the 30-40
    minute story line of an entire "mission".
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    Very agreed, there's a niche to build out and its great to have some bite-sized replayable options for build testing or short play sessions. Ground too, especially something explicitly billed as a training scenario (with randomized opponents). The old colony defense TFO might make for a good template.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    I really think Gamma Quad could use patrols particularly ground ones. There's a fair amount of stuff from DS9 to draw inspiration from.
  • Options
    I like that comment about "bite-sized" options with random opponents. We have lots of space patrols-and I do love those. The Battle Zones are great, but they're always the same opponents. Just a few ground patrols, or even space stations, with random opponents would give some awesome added variety.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,805 Arc User
    They've also made most of the TFO's solo playable. Some of them, like Defense/Resistance of SB1 also scale. So you get fewer enemies if you're playing them solo.

If they did this with some of the other, older missions (besides the fleet ones mentioned above), they could also fulfill the same function as those patrols.

I'm thinking of missions like Dranuur Assault, Peril over Pahvo and Tzenkethi Front especially. They already have randomised enemies, so that's something that wouldn't have to be added anymore. And you can play all of these missions solo now.

But they don't scale as far as I know. Meaning you have to be present at two or three places at the same time in some cases.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    I didn't know those were available solo. Thank you !
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I do like the idea of having more ground based Patrols as well. Its a nice change of pace.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.