test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Camera Cycle Update is "still" bugged.

sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 104 Arc User
I noticed in the patch notes today that they:

"Increased the maximum camera distance on space maps to help captains fly larger ships with ease."

I figured, cool, I can finally zoom out a little more on the Borg Juggernaut ship. I made the mistake of changing it, so it's manageable, and now ALL of my Camera settings are messed up on ALL of my toons. I've tried to reset the zoom on the Excelsior ship of my main toon using the normal "Cycle Zoom" function with the "A" button on the Xbox controller. I figured I could at least reset it to one of the three default cycle zoom settings (Close, Medium, Far). It keeps trying to zoom all the way out, even while I'm using the "A" button cycle function. When it finally stops zooming back and forth and I think it's set properly, as soon as I move the ship the camera zooms all the way out. Every single time, it zooms so far out you can't even see the ship. I reset the zoom again, and while I'm still flying around and attacking, it automatically starts zooming all the way out. This needs to be hot patched ASAP. This makes the game pretty much non-playable when it does this now. The whole point of the game is the space stuff. The ground stuff is "meh", at best. If you can't do any space stuff, why bother?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
--Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
Post edited by sadrielfett on

Comments

• kram#1537 kram Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here. Set the camera to how I like it but then it zooms all the way out. I keep having to change the camera distance.
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    Well, good news. Got a reply from the ticket I put in. Apparently, they've received similar reports from other players, and have already reported the issue to the developers for a possible fix to be applied in a future game update.

So at least it's a common enough problem that it's a known issue and has been made a priority to get fixed. Let's cross our fingers.

Post edited by sadrielfett on
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • reidryn#4751 reidryn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Same on ps5. Entering sector space camera is always zoomed out to max and won't stick after adjusting. Entering system space roughly half the time camera is zoomed in to max.

Camera distance settings won't save regardless of what you do.
    Any news on when we're getting a fix for this? Can't even do the Red Alert missions because it's so bad.
    --Sadriel Fett

• proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 7
    This is getting really annoying. Just been trying to do Hive Onslaught and what with exploding cube effects and the camera zooming out so far that I can't even see my ship let alone which direction it's pointing in, it's becoming a waste of time. Using Change Camera Zoom only lasts for a few seconds before my ship disappears into the distance again automatically, without me pressing anything else.

It's definitely one of those things that should be a priority to fix. If we can't control the view or see the orientation of our ships in battle there is little point in playing at all.
  • sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 13
    I think there is no error, at least not on Xbox:

You set the desired size using R-Button (up/down) and can fix it by pressing the R-Button!

I don't hope they'll switch back to the pure zoom setting of just 3 stages, because small ships (e.g. D7) were barely visible, even in the largest of the three...
    Post edited by sb1980#5347 on
    I think there is no error, at least not on Xbox:

You set the desired size using R-Button (up/down) and can fix it by pressing the R-Button!

I don't hope they'll switch back to the pure zoom setting of just 3 stages, because small ships (e.g. D7) were barely visible, even in the largest of the three...

Now, you can't even see it at all. You use the Right Joystick to adjust the size to where you want it. Then, when you go to "Sector" Space it's zoomed out so far you can't see it. You fix it again, and as soon as you go into "System" Space or a TFO, and it auto zooms all the way out again. Can't even see my Excelsior class, much less my Klingon TOS D-7.

I agree that the 3 stage zoom settings were lacking, but I'd rather have that and have it actually work, than have this current setup and neither of them working properly.
    --Sadriel Fett

• sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 14
    I just hope that it was communicated correctly to the error management, that ONLY THE FIXATION MECHANISM NEEDS TO BE REWORKED, but that the new stepless zoom system is basically a good invention and should not be abolished again?

Before (just 3-stage-mechanic), small ships (D7) were "permanently too small" even in the largest level without being able to do anything about it...
    Post edited by sb1980#5347 on
    I just hope that it was communicated correctly to the error management, that ONLY THE FIXATION MECHANISM NEEDS TO BE REWORKED, but that the new stepless zoom system is basically a good invention and should not be abolished again?

Before (just 3-stage-mechanic), small ships (D7) were "permanently too small" even in the largest level without being able to do anything about it...

Definitely. It was nice actually being able to finally see the Romulan Stormbird art on the bottom of my D-7. Up until it zoomed out so far I couldn't even see it firing. Hahaha. They definitely need to keep the scrolling zoom function. If they're interfering with each other, then scrap the 3-zoom mechanic for the more versatile one.
    --Sadriel Fett

Well, the Zoom function feature is still jacked up, even with today's update patch.
    You set your zoom in system, but you can't use the Zoom Cycle button (A Button) or it still keeps moving back and forth. Why even have that as an option now? It forces you to use the Right Joystick to zoom in and out.
    When you go into Sector Space you're still zoomed way out. When you fix it to where it's a decent zoom, once you go back into System Space, you're zoomed all the way back in close again.
    This is beyond frustrating trying to play the game like this. I used to get on almost every day to run my dailies. Since this started, just before Xmas of last year, I haven't even been online in the game more than about ten days total. It just takes the entire enjoyment out of playing, having to fight with the UI bug every time you log on and every time you fly to a different map area. Please, put some real effort into trying to fix this bug. If you can't, then just take out the new zoom function until you can figure out how to implement it properly into the game without it messing up the rest of the camera zoom UI functions. I like being able to zoom the distance I want from the ship, but not if it ps going to keep doing this. Better to have to old zoom system that was more limited but actually worked, than have the new one and have it be like this all the time.
    --Sadriel Fett

And now I just noticed that my Camera Zoom has changed for my Ground Toon, as well. I hadn't even adjusted that one at all. I logged into one toon, switched to another, then came back to this toon. Now he's shrunk down because the Ground Camera has zoomed out. I believe the new patch may have broken different camera UI zoom functions that weren't previously broken before.
    --Sadriel Fett

• kurannankurannan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I will second what Sadriel has said. It’s still persistant despite the patch AND it’s now happening on ground play where it didn’t exist before. I submitted a ticket/report as well.
    Yup, the patch hasn't improved things and has exported camera issues to ground play too.
    Any update at all when there will be a fix for this?
    --Sadriel Fett

Any word on when there will be a fix for this? It's about to go into three months, now.
    --Sadriel Fett

Apparently fixed internally now, so hopefully quite soon.

Fingers crossed.
  • gremlin123175#8389 gremlin123175 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    It may be fixed; try highlighting "cycle camera distance" and use your right thumbstick to adjust camera distance
  • mrmercury#0576 mrmercury Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 21
    (Private correspondence removed. - BMR)

It will possibly be months before they finally get it working properly
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    I see the camera zoom still isn't completely fixed. It picks and chooses when it wants to stay properly zoomed when you transfer to Sector Space. Today, it's apparently wanting to stay completely zoomed out when I transfer maps from System Space to Sector Space.
    --Sadriel Fett

I left a ticket and they have left it unanswered I don’t think they care that much if they ain’t answering

I know they’ve looked at it as it says it has been updated today but i very much doubt they will answer it
  • ussvinovia#1662 ussvinovia Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    PS5 still an issue. I would tag this as 'will not fix'.
    edited April 2
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    This is still an issue, especially when moving from System to Sector Space. In Sector Space, you are sometimes zoomed out so far you can't even see the ship.
    --Sadriel Fett

• bradders#3629 bradders Member Posts: 3 New User
    Exact same issue, very frustrating, please fix this asap.