test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS5] new camera settings broken?

reidryn#4751 reidryn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Explain this Cryptic.
It takes years for you to give a camera distance slider for console, and now that you have the distance won't stick.

Every time I go in or out of a system or sector space the camera wants to pull ALL the way out.

It seems the presets are still there and we can adjust each one now, but it won't keep the settings. As soon as you go in or out of a system or switch quadrant, the camera pulls all the way out again. You adjust again. Same thing after a transition, camera pulls all the way back out.

I'm sitting here in sector space, I hover over change camera zoom, I press X to go to closest zoom, it sits there for a second and then pulls out on its own. Not a stick drift issue. I press X again to change to a mid distance view, it's sits there for a second and pulls all the way out. I adjust any position manually with up and down on right stick, it seems to stick, but I close the captain command window and then it pulls the camera all the way out.

Good job Cryptic.

Can someone please tell me if camera is broken now or I'm doing something wrong.

I was ready to spend a TRIBBLE ton of money on this for x-mas but I'm thinking not now.
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Options
    reidryn#4751 reidryn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    You know, I was on the fence about spending the money I planned to on this game, and then you break the camera on console.

I'm not on the fence anymore.

Thank you devs.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,991 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    I just read this post on another forum and don't know if it's related to your issue. Several posters do make mention of a way to make the camera setting "stick".

Edit: Here's another one. Something about using the slider.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Closed for Flame Rant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.