test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion for an event ship

shadow#7800 shadow Member Posts: 19 Arc User
The USS Premonition from Star Trek Armada.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,010 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    Problem with ship is copyright. Armada is an Activision game, therefore obtaining license from the ship creators might be a tricky one, the ship too is non canon. It all boils down to copyright at the end of the day.

As we are now getting the Borg Assimilators from said game in STO anything is possible
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    Personally, I would prefer if the devs brought out more of the canon ships that are still unavailable to players, like the First Federation pilot ship from TOS, and the Orion Intruder and Gorn assault ship from TOS-R, a few of the alien ships from ENT (like the Kriosian battlecruiser which was a slight redress of the model for the Akritirian ships in VOY and several other incarnations), and even a few more of the better kitbashes from TNG and DS9 like the Yeager (and no, the secondary hull is not a 'maquis raider, it is the cargo ship type that used the same shooting model).

The game already has Starfleet ships out the wazoo, to the point where the "saucer, secondary hull, and nacelles" arraignment is getting to be dull repetition, and the event ships are traditionally alien which is a good break from that routine.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited February 12
    There's a fair few ships in the game at T3-5 that have yet to get a T6 version, mostly KDF too!
    Not to mention the Dyson Science Destroyers although just one for each faction would be enough - not 12 like we got at T5.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    The Premonition would be another Sovereign variant with temp seating, there's nothing special you could do within STO mechanics with her.

For the copy right I think this would fall under the "possible if Cryptic made the model themselves instead reusing parts from the other game"