test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frequent Crashes/Graphics issues since Tues.Nov.21 maint

tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
Since some time last week, my extra/older PC has been struggling with frequent crashes to desktop and a graphics issue that appears related. So far it's all occurred on space maps.

The graphics issue is, the screen blacks out, then slowly things come back on, usually text names first, then ships, then stars then FX. When it comes back, the camera viewpoint has reversed from behind my ship aimed forwards to in front of my ship aiming backwards.

Sometimes a crash occurs after this, sometimes it just continues on. Crashes most frequently occur when entering the space map from the loading screen, or triggering a skill (usually TorpSpread III or GW since those are typically the first ones I fire). However they can also just happen mid-combat without any specific trigger (that I can see).

The first couple times it happened I assumed it was going to be an occasional thing so I didn't mark down exactly when the first ones occurred. I think it was in the afternoon after the Tues.21st downtime but not 100% on that. The issues don't occur on my newer (2 yr old PC), this is an approx. 4-5 year old spare I have. Prior to this it had no issues running STO or Neverwinter.

GeForce GT 730/1GB GDDR5 Graphics card with updated drivers (456.71), Win10 64 8GB.

If anyone has tips or advice for fixing the issue I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I have similar problems with a very recent computer with several times the suggested requirements. The screen freezes for a few moments but sound is still playing and my skills appear to be working. It is really annoying.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    my system is crashing a few minutes into running STO ever since this morning. not sure what is going on. not even crashing to desk, it's locking up the whole computer. right now running Master of Orion to see if it's the video card going bad
    We Want Vic Fontaine