test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elite Terran Empire Frigates

husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
There seems to be an issue with their torpedo fire rate.
I have parsed multiple runs to try and figure out if it is speed buffs causing arc issues. No matter what I do they seem to fire their Quantum torps very infrequently.

As an example I parsed a random Guillotine Advance. 12:22 combat time (742s) Pet 1 fired a total of 10 times. Pet 2 fired a total of 13 times. This averages out to around a min per launch... Pets in total (with all weapons) attacked 967 times. Meaning torpedos only accounted for 2.3% of their attacks.

I realize the issue could NPCs blowing up before torps get a chance to reach target. So I parsed a few Jupitar Hard mode runs and fired none of my own weapons and only used a couple skills to cool down my high energy console to rank them up for heals. This would hopefully lessen the launching of torpedos on targets that explode prior to torp hit.
Run #1 combat time 12:46 (766s) 1,871 attacks in total 34 torpedo hits. (1.8% of all hits where from their torpedos) (9.4% of total DPS)
Run #2 combat time 13:06 (786s) 1,821 attacks in total 25 torpedo hits. (1.3% of total) (7.2% of total pet DPS)

For what it's worth the max number of torps possibly fired by 2 pets carrying Quantum torps in 786s is 196... clearly that is not ever going to happen with warp ins, NPCs exploding and the odd immune target. Still 25 seems oddly low.

I tried my best to control for launching torps into immunity shields and distoritions... but I believe the second run was vs Nakul. I assume the slightly lower number of that run was indeed them hitting a few immune targets.

I don't know if the issue is a cool down... or just pet piloting and arc issues. IMO pets should probably have all their torpedo arcs made 360. Players have limited control of the routes they choose to fly. I suspect this is an issue that effects many of the games larger pets. It may not be a "bug" if its a design issue alone... it seems a bit crazy though that the games best pets are all little things like the To'Duj. If there isn't anything wrong with their torpedo cool down... perhaps these pets and other frigiates need to simply be given larger firing arcs on things like torpedos. Perhaps 360 is too much of a buff but if the issue is the 90 degrees arc perhaps a 180 degree torp arc would work out.