test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reward Ships and other thoughts...

tygerwolf#1534 tygerwolf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Okay, we've all got 'em: Ships to which we have ZERO access to because they are past rewards, or are locked away behind that "Me sad!"-inducing Phoenix Epic Prize or RNG-esus's favor in the Lockboxes.
My suggestion is as follows:
=>Reoffer those ships as a Reward ship in a future event.<=
This would benefit those of us without those ships as a second chance, and it would benefit the Dev Team as those ships are ALREADY part of the game and would not require the long process of development and implementation.

In similar vein,...
Make the "Premium" Ship box that is currently offered each Yearly Campaign TRULY Premium by making each ship inside unlock for the Player's entire account.
As that Reward pack currently stands, many players who select that reward do so only to SELL the Ship Requisitions. Most often, this is done at $300 MILLION Energy Credits and up! Many players rejoicing at their purchase do so unaware that the ship so obtained is a char-locked acquisition.
That's not a "premium" reward in my singular -- and incredibly biased -- opinion.
In said singular and biased opinion, a truly "premium" reward box would unlock a singular past-offered T6 ship for the chooser's entire account, or perhaps even two...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 10,347 Community Moderator
    Good news, OP! Some of what you're asking for is already being done. Events have a second chance buyout option. And later on, many event rewards get offered through Mudd's Market. Both options are account-wide unlocks. So, mission accomplished. Where your proposal falls flat though is with the Event Campaign. There are no plans to make those ships account-wide unlocks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Make the "Premium" Ship box that is currently offered each Yearly Campaign TRULY Premium by making each ship inside unlock for the Player's entire account. As that Reward pack currently stands, many players who select that reward do so only to SELL the Ship Requisitions.

Nope, the yearly campaign token is bound to account, then the ship choice is bound to character. What you see sold on the exchange are reward ships from people opening lock boxes and infinity promo packs. These have always been single-character unlocks.

The yearly campaign gives players the equivalent of a $200+ ship for free. (100 promo packs or 250 lock box keys is the average number needed to win a ship.) It seems unlikely that Cryptic will decide to upgrade that to multiple copies of the ship.

Ship sales are what fund the game, so Cryptic is already being very generous to give up the chance at those lock box and promo pack sales to give you one for free.

You're free to disagree with the odds on the gamble boxes and refuse to open any, but remember that you're not paying a monthly fee and then also for new content expansions like with Elder Scrolls, WoW, FF XIV. You're not even paying anything for the base game.

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    The only formerly available ship chassis that you can no longer acquire to my knowledge is the Voth Bulwark. It only existed as a T5 and was removed from Phoenix when they revamped the reward tables. There are a very small number of ships that don't have a T5U/T6 variant that you can get somehow at this point(mostly KDF leveling ships).

Also, I may be misremembering, but wasn't an Epic Phoenix Prize token an option from the first or second Event Campaign? Perhaps it should be considered as a 4th option next year?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    The only formerly available ship chassis that you can no longer acquire to my knowledge is the Voth Bulwark. It only existed as a T5 and was removed from Phoenix when they revamped the reward tables. There are a very small number of ships that don't have a T5U/T6 variant that you can get somehow at this point(mostly KDF leveling ships).

Also, I may be misremembering, but wasn't an Epic Phoenix Prize token an option from the first or second Event Campaign? Perhaps it should be considered as a 4th option next year?

Not on PC, the phoenix epic account unlock token was on Console only.

It would be nice if they added that token to the available prizes on both PC and Console as a regular part of the event campaigns, but I doubt they will because it is one of the main drivers of Mudds, and the price of those ships are always jacked up to the point they are only affordable by whales (and then further inflated with useless junk). Making them available to event campaigns would seriously cut into the profit from Mudd's.
This discussion has been closed.