test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warp core breaches on dark mattered or digital compilation ships.

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 663 Arc User
This is something that has always bugged me. It mostly happens when fighting the borg. When you defeat a large ship like a cube or a Unimatrix if you defeat them while under the effects of a dark matter torpedo or the newer digital compilation trait, they disappear like they should, however a short time later they have a warp core breach as if they were defeated normally. Why do they still have this breach? They should just be gone, whether disintegrated or digitized.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    baucoin wrote: »
    This is something that has always bugged me. It mostly happens when fighting the borg. When you defeat a large ship like a cube or a Unimatrix if you defeat them while under the effects of a dark matter torpedo or the newer digital compilation trait, they disappear like they should, however a short time later they have a warp core breach as if they were defeated normally. Why do they still have this breach? They should just be gone, whether disintegrated or digitized.

I guessing ships that are above the player scale are coded differently when it comes to their destruction. I suspect other similar sized vessels like the dreadnought type Voth ships would behave the same way.

In essence I suspect the "explosively break apart" is hard coded into that style of ships and is far as far coding is separate from the warp core breach.

EDIT: when the foundry still existed IIRC you could place 3-4 different sizes of explosions, 1 for shuttles and other small craft, 1-2 for most ships and 1 for really big things like Borg cubes or Voth city ships.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,044 Community Moderator
    Yea I think its a scripted thing with ships of a certain size. Same with the Transwarp gates. They do vaporize, but they're scripted to break apart as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,035 Arc User
    Stick around at the end of a Red Alert and watch the Borg Cubes & Dreadnought.
    They blow up as expected when defeated. They then have a Core Breach. A short while later, the large fragments then also explode into nothing.

I would suspect that the Dark Matter or Digitized Cubes and Dreadnoughts skip past the 1st explosion as they are defeated; they also do not Core Breach, but the third explosion (large fragments) is likely what we are hearing.
    Now, technically, we shouldn't have those explosions either, but I suspect it's just something we have to live with, perhaps as a limitation of the game.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
This discussion has been closed.