test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to upgrade T6 or event ship weapons

lastgambitlastgambit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I recently noticed I was able to upgrade the Ray of Disintegration that came with this year's Summer Event Ship to a MK12, but I cannot upgrade any other T6 or Event Reward ships weapons such as an Agony Phaser Dual Beam Bank, Spiral Wave Disruptor Dual Beam Bank, or Emitter-Linked Phaser Beam Array for example. Is this a bug?
Post edited by lastgambit on

Comments

• baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 795 Arc User
    Normally you can't upgrade the weapons that come with event ships. The Ray of Disintegration is an oddball this year, it's not a bug that you can't upgrade most of the common leveless ships weapons. For the Spiral Wave Disruptors you have to buy the version from the Dilithium store reclaim tab to be able to upgrade them.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,322 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    baucoin wrote: »
    Normally you can't upgrade the weapons that come with event ships.
    Never mind event ships - you generally cannot upgrade the default weapons that come on any ship.
    lastgambit wrote: »
    ...but I cannot upgrade any other T6 or Event Reward ships weapons such as an Agony Phaser Dual Beam Bank, Spiral Wave Disruptor Dual Beam Bank, or Emitter-Linked Phaser Beam Array for example. Is this a bug?
    No, not a bug, but the exceptions to the above rule is if the ship has a somewhat unique weapon, such as the "Ray of Disintegration".

Agony Phasers, Advanced Phasers & Disruptors, Assimilated Plasma, and whatever else are almost always from lockboxes, but there's a few ships that unlock their special weapons in the Dilithium Store.
    For more details, you're best reading up over at the STOwiki.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/