test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starship Trait: Five Magicks does not correctly apply engine power per sec

emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
edited July 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Charactername@handle: Matt@Emerald381
Last map you were in (if applicable): N/A - Issue is observed on any combat map during combat when the appropriate damage type is applied.
Map you were going to (if applicable): N/A - Issue is observed on any combat map during combat when the appropriate damage type is applied.

What the issue is: The Five Magicks Starship Trait from the new summer event ship states the following in the tooltip:

When dealing Damage with any of the Five Magicks (Fire, Cold, Electrical, Radiation and Psionic), apply the following for 15 sec:
+5 Current Engine Power per sec
+15% Bonus Damage to the Five Magicks and Disruptor (15% + 0.15% per Engine Power)

The bonus damage is applying correctly. However, the engine power increase is bugged. Based on the tooltip, the engine power should increase by 5 each second over 15 sec. But what is actually observed is that the engine power only increases by 3, but then is almost immediately reduced back to its original value by the EPS Power Transfer Rate. The effect of this is that the engine power level oscillates back and forth between the original power level and +3.

Early in the event, a player named Fleffle got the ship/trait early and did some testing on the trait and discovered this issue. But I didn't see it yet reported on the official forums, so I wanted to pass it along now. In case it helps, below are links to Fleffle's posts, where he goes into detail on the testing he did:

Initial Post (trait is covered first)
Additional Testing

There was also some speculation on the STOBuilds discord that its behavior was similar to an existing console's active power (perhaps some code was reused and needs tweaked to fit the behavior of the new trait).
Micro Dark Matter Anomaly

Anyway, I hope this helps. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I'm finding the set not working as of yet in general, the dragon breath it worked at first but now it's not damaging anything i use it on so i've switched ships for the time being, i fly in close and wiggle it about but it no damage to the ships i use it on, i think it worked on the mirror DS9 in the Counterpoint TFO but that's it. New sets tend to need tweaking before they get better.