test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF "First City" tutorial stuck

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
edited June 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ilixi@xyquarze

Since I have been playing this game for almost a decade now, I thought to finally do the "tutorial" run through the first city again, just for giggles and remembering those first days as a Klingon. Anyways, when I need to go to J'mpok, he isn't there anymore since I have completed the last Klingon Civil War mission. However, the tutorial missions are not droppable. So now I have those two green missions (tutorial envelope mission and tutorial Staas mission) stuck in my mission log. The quest marker obviously points to where J'mpok used to stand (and when beaming out he will even appear in the background to mock me ;) )

What I tried to fix it: change order of missions, talk to J'mpok through some mission interface of unfulfilled missions given by him - but there is no prompt for the tutorial mission. Talk to L'Rell - but she doesn't have this either.
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Can you share some screenshots to show us exactly what's on your screen, and what's in your mission journal/tracker?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    d5mw7u0blyp8.jpg Umbrella mission - non droppable

4djhf4boz51d.jpg Meet J'mpok mission - non droppable

nj3b61fieaz0.jpg Lack of J'mpok since he was replaced by L'rell

• Options
    Oooh...
    That's a terribly old character and it still has the old tutorial missions.

Alas, you're outta luck as the tutorial has been changed and those missions are not completable any more.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Oooh...
    That's a terribly old character and it still has the old tutorial missions.

Alas, you're outta luck as the tutorial has been changed and those missions are not completable any more.

Well, it's one of my newest, after all I should have enough (never mind I am planning the next batch). However, any chance to get them out of the "active mission" slots (like dropping the mission) would be appreciated so that one day I might be able to empty it.

Anyway, thanks for your effort.
  • Options
    rumarierumarie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello,
    long time lurker here. Since I had exactly the same problem a while back, I thought it might help you to try the following suggestion from the ingame-support:
    As a workaround, please try completing The House Always Wins mission. After completing the mission, please stay in the instanced area of the Great Hall, handing in House Always Wins, then talking to J'mpok there to progress Glad Handing in the Great Hall. Finally, you can leave the area to return to the public Qo'Nos instance and continue the mission Glad Handing the Great Hall.
    It solved my problem with J'mpok.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    rumarie wrote: »
    Hello,
    long time lurker here. Since I had exactly the same problem a while back, I thought it might help you to try the following suggestion from the ingame-support:
    As a workaround, please try completing The House Always Wins mission. After completing the mission, please stay in the instanced area of the Great Hall, handing in House Always Wins, then talking to J'mpok there to progress Glad Handing in the Great Hall. Finally, you can leave the area to return to the public Qo'Nos instance and continue the mission Glad Handing the Great Hall.
    It solved my problem with J'mpok.

Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping to lurk to tell me this, it indeed worked for me as well. And my appreciation for the treachery of House Torg rose, they are good for something at last ;)
  • Options
    A useful workaround, and nice to know that it works too - thanks for sharing, and thanks to those that provided the feedback.