test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Recruit Warrior Blood and Hunter Instinct Not Advancing

kurannankurannan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
For some reason, melee kills and space kills during the ambush period are not advancing the Warrior’s Blood (stuck at 719/1000) and Hunter’s Instinct (1721/2000) counts for my KDF Recruit. I’ve tested in all scenarios where the kills are absolutely qualified (not being stolen by away teams, others, etc). Tested with all types of melee weapons and large groups of space enemies killed right after coming out of cloak.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    What Melee weapon are you using? If you are using the imperial nanoprobe edged bat'leth then for some reason those do not count as melee kills, they should but they don't. use a plain bat'leth. If you are using any energy based weapon for melee like molors flaming sword that also wont count as melee at least they never did for me. A plain non enhanced weapon is what you need Kahless's bat'leth works fine.

As for the Ambush kills you have to kill the enemy within ten seconds of breaking stealth, any longer and the kill won't count. It is best to use the ship you got as part of the event reward as it allows you to fire your torpedoes while still under cloak, then break cloak and lay waste.

I find the Borg on Defera the best place to get melee kills, turn off all your auto abilities though, no grenades, no exothermic fire, no drones etc The only issue with defera is that you kill the drone, not the guys sitting on the turrets they can steal your kills. And don't have an away team with you at all if you use Nimbus or the Dyson Sphere, it might not look like they didn't steal a kill but they do.

Check your traits too to see if there are any that might kill an enemy like the Zhat Vash Venom as that will steal your kill too.

I realize you said you have done many of the things I suggested, but I thought I'd mention them anyway just in case.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    What Melee weapon are you using? If you are using the imperial nanoprobe edged bat'leth then for some reason those do not count as melee kills, they should but they don't. use a plain bat'leth. If you are using any energy based weapon for melee like molors flaming sword that also wont count as melee at least they never did for me. A plain non enhanced weapon is what you need Kahless's bat'leth works fine.

As for the Ambush kills you have to kill the enemy within ten seconds of breaking stealth, any longer and the kill won't count. It is best to use the ship you got as part of the event reward as it allows you to fire your torpedoes while still under cloak, then break cloak and lay waste.

I find the Borg on Defera the best place to get melee kills, turn off all your auto abilities though, no grenades, no exothermic fire, no drones etc The only issue with defera is that you kill the drone, not the guys sitting on the turrets they can steal your kills. And don't have an away team with you at all if you use Nimbus or the Dyson Sphere, it might not look like they didn't steal a kill but they do.

Check your traits too to see if there are any that might kill an enemy like the Zhat Vash Venom as that will steal your kill too.

I realize you said you have done many of the things I suggested, but I thought I'd mention them anyway just in case.

Also I find it easiest to use a tactical officer and use the sweeping strikes and lunge modules. I go to the Stronghold area on Nimbus, unequip weapons from my away team, use up on the d-pad to get them to stay in one place, then move from one group of bandits to the next using my Kirk-fu on them.
  • Options
    raycoxraycox Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have this same issue. Have raised a support ticket, only to be told it needs to be escalated, and to create a posting here to create a support ticket. Or something to this effect. I have tried all the fixes, removed all the possible non-melee gear, gone into solo zones, and nothing. Still stuck in the 70s...and the same with my cloaked kills in space. My suspicion is that I used universal upgrade tokens on the bat'leth (and maybe a ship item) and that broke the process....because one milestone is getting the upgraded bat'leth...