test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobali Act III missions repeat themselves

For the past year and a half, I've noticed that 2 missions of the Kobali Act III segment: Breaking the Wall and With Our Last Breath, would repeat themselves when they are supposed to complete as you get through the final phase. I'll break it down:
On some instances of Breaking the Wall, after taking over the final choke point, the mission notification chime will not sound off, and would linger for about 5 seconds before resetting to the first objective of the mission (the first choke point).
On some instances of With Our Last breath, after defeating Overseer Mengen, the mission notification chime will not sound off, and would linger for about 5 seconds before resetting to the first objective of the mission (hacking the 4 terminals).
Just this morning, the mission With Our Last Breath repeated on me 2 times before the mission would complete.

Some runs of these missions will complete with no problems, while other instances the missions will bug out and recycle itself to the beginning objective.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I've noticed this can happen but I've also found that having a prompt response to the missions progression will allow it to properly progress.
    If you stand around admiring your big, shiny weapon, the game thinks you're there to play the open mission, the open mission will restart and your progress will reset.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    I've noticed this can happen but I've also found that having a prompt response to the missions progression will allow it to properly progress.
    If you stand around admiring your big, shiny weapon, the game thinks you're there to play the open mission, the open mission will restart and your progress will reset.

Not sure how to take that; the only time I "stand around admiring my big, shiny weapon" is when I'm waiting at the choke points. Other than that, I try to follow through to the next objectives as quickly as possible.
    (I'm not being snarky, btw)

This has happened on all 3 occasions when I'm doing the Act III mission on my own, and when I'm either greeted by another player joining the mission progression when I'm past the halfway mark to completion...or if it's me that is joining the mission progression late and someone else has already prompted the mission.
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    From observation they both seem to be on a short timer for reset and always have been, if you don't grab the reward it's do it again time. The other thing is that unless in a group or starting in the same stage it also seems to reset to the earlier stage, not sure when that started as the Kobali Missions are amongst the most tedious, for this and many other reasons.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    hmmm I may try that intentionally to see if I can grab the elite mark twice
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    nixie50 wrote: »
    hmmm I may try that intentionally to see if I can grab the elite mark twice

You get 2 elite marks anyways when you do both Break the Wall and With Our Last Breath back to back. I usually do 2 separate runs to get the Delta and Iconian elite marks from them.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    As I recall, you can get the Elite Mark each time you replay those missions, but the daily mark boost comes once.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Update as of 26 Mar 2024:
    The mission repeating bug now has a higher rate of happening; I've personally witnessed the Act III missions repeating in 1 out of 2 playthroughs since yesterday.
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Has been happening for well over a year.