test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to equip advanced console

jhemi316jhemi316 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I cannot equip any of the new advanced consoles on my current ship. I have no other advanced consoles slotted. I am able to equip them on any of my other ships and my shuttle. I encountered the same issue on another one of my ships. I changed ships, purchased a new advanced console and encountered the exact same issue. The console also would not equip on my original ship. I get a message stating the I do not meet the requirements for the item, but I am a higher rank than the item. These are all purchased items.

Charactername@handle - T'Amar@nyg316
Last map you were in (if applicable) - N/A
Map you were going to (if applicable) - N/A
What the issue is - cannot equip new advanced console
What steps you already tried when attempting to resolve your issue (if applicable) - tried switching ships and repeating (see above description). Tried to log out and back in. Tried removing all consoles and then equip the new console (did not work).

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,305 Arc User
    It might be useful for the Devs to know which ship(s) had the issue.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • jhemi316jhemi316 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    It might be useful for the Devs to know which ship(s) had the issue.

Yes, thanks. It was in my email report but will include it here - it started with the Excelsior II Intel Heavy Cruiser. When I tried to replicate the issue, it was my Kelvin Vengeance Intel Dreadnaught Cruiser. It seems that whatever ship I am currently using, if I obtain an advanced console it will not work on THAT ship or the prior ones that I was using when I obtained one of the consoles.
  • jhemi316jhemi316 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    GM Eriyaa helped identify the issue - it seems that the Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Locator and Exploiter consoles prevent slotting the new advanced consoles. I confirmed this by removing all the consoles on my ship today and found out the adv. tactical consoles were causing the adv. engineering ones to not "slot" on my ship. Is this a bug or intended?
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    jhemi316 wrote: »
    GM Eriyaa helped identify the issue - it seems that the Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Locator and Exploiter consoles prevent slotting the new advanced consoles. I confirmed this by removing all the consoles on my ship today and found out the adv. tactical consoles were causing the adv. engineering ones to not "slot" on my ship. Is this a bug or intended?

Per the Dev Bog and the More Details tooltip ingame, it is Intended.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,324 Arc User
    Yeah the spire consoles are the tactical versions of the Advanced consoles as per ten forward stream and thus prevent other advanced consoles from being slotted as you can't have more 1 type of those consoles, you can have as many of that type you got room for but you can't mix and match.