test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Permanent ability cooldown on entering space map

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
edited June 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am not entirely sure whether I am not overlooking some entirely common mechanic but have never encountered this before, so:

Taraba'Tamar@xyquarze

Last map you were in (if applicable) - not applicable, happens on any map (see below)

Map you were going to (if applicable) - not applicable, see above

What the issue is

(At least) two of my boffs (Doctor, Tomak'talan) will start any space map with one ability each on a cooldown, even when there was none before. Both times it is the LtC ability (Em Power to Weapons III/Gravity Well I respectively). Cooldowns differ but are generally 9-12 seconds (EmPtW) or 15-18 seconds (GW), possibly depending on loading time or warp in animation time. Difference seems to be constant. Happens on sector maps, social space maps, mission maps, also happens when changing maps while doing a mission

What steps you already tried when attempting to resolve your issue (if applicable)

Changing ships (no effect)
Changing abilities while using same boff (other abilities do not show the cooldown, just the two above)
Changing boffs, saving loadouts, changing back (no effect)
Using other boffs in same slot with same abilities (no cooldowns - it seems just these two with just these abilities)
Logging out and back in (no effect)
Edit to add: I have opened other characters as well and found no issues at first glance

Additional info

I think I remember blowing up during the final battle in "The Calling" just before the forced map transfer. Around this time the bug appeared (two days ago), I noticed it first a bit later at least. There may be a connection with cooldowns as they existed at that time.
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
Post edited by xyquarze on

Comments

• Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I have now encountered this on another character

Ymer'Skyr@xyquarze

Where again a LtC ability (this time Tyken's Rift) starts each map with a cooldown of around 15 seconds. However, no blowing up or similar this time.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries