test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regarding Bridges

eolosel#1150 eolosel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I would like to suggest something regarding the bridges of spaceships, although I don't know how feasible my proposal is. I started playing the game on December 28, 2015 and as expected, I saw new ships, new equipment, etc. being introduced into the game. In my personal opinion, what I believe significantly lags behind in the game are the bridges of the spaceships.

It would be preferable, for me personally, and I don't know if other players agree with me, for the developers to not focus on creating new spaceships in the next period, but rather on creating new bridges as well as new spaces for the spaceships, such as crew recreation areas, engine rooms, medical bays, etc.

These spaces shouldn't be exclusively available with new spaceships, but should be sold separately in the store for Zen or even Dilithium, and these spaces should be combinable at the player's discretion. For example, a player should be able to choose for their spacecraft the bridge, the captain's quarters, the engine room, the sickbay, etc., and thus create their own combination.

Even better if players could choose the color of the seats on the bridge, the lighting, and so on. I believe many players would like to give a more personal touch to their spaceships, rather than all of them being identical on the inside. Certainly, many of them are willing to spend both ZEN and dilithium for this purpose.

Something else I want to point out. The bridges that already exist in the Store are disproportionately large. If a bridge were actually that large, the captain would need a megaphone to speak with the bridge officers. I believe you understand what I'm talking about. There's no reason for the bridges to be so large, which doesn't ultimately look attractive, in my personal opinion.

I don't know how feasible my idea is, and if it could be implemented, but I would like to hear the opinions of other players.

Sincerely,
Fleet Ambassador Olympios Zeus
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    I never visit my Starship bridges - I always use the shuttle bridge cause it's loading faster and 3 steps too account bank :)
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,079 Community Moderator
    Regarding the sizes of the old C-Store Bridges, that was because they are launch era bridges for the most part, and had to have room for the "camera", which is a relic of when the game came out originally. Something that the Canon bridges/interiors didn't worry about.

Also... there's nothing to DO with bridges really.

What you're proposing sounds like a form of Housing system. However... the current issue again is... nothing to DO with ship interiors. And as long as that stands... bridges aren't going to sell anywhere near as well as ships themselves.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,362 Community Moderator
    edited May 2023
    While Starship Interiors are a subject near and dear to my heart, this is an FCT topic: 10) Full Custom Starship Interiors
    /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.