test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Seven of Nine Paradox (Different look of Seven of nine but never mentioned why in game)

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
I want to throw this idea out there. What if there were more than one Seven of Nine in the STO Universe. What if there are more than one to explain the different looks of seven during delta mission and the later missions. My theory Daystrom science accident. The delta mission seven did mention working for Daystrom but she mention was also a ranger? why now both at the same time. Heck, Captain seven also exist and currently in deep space research. Efficient science magic and plugs up flaws in the story.

Don't use Leeta as an example because mirror universe or multiverse stuff can explain minor difference in universe like Vic the holographic singer on DS9 is a regular Terran human in mirror universe (DS9: "The Emperor's New Cloak") .

Also hope to like see a mirror univers episode with warship voyager Janeway with a squad of different seven of nines in here borg hit squad. Also play a Mirror Janeway.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    The other one would be named Thomasina though ;)

I just look at it as either (meta reason of Delta happened before Picard) or (someone can easily change their look in the 25th century)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    Honestly the most major difference is how she dresses and wears her hair, something that doesn't really need much explaining, so Seven wears the outfit she had during her time in Voyager (probably so she would recognized more easily) and keeps her hair tied, while dressing more like a human in Alpha/Beta Quadrant. It's been 30 years give or take from when Voyager returns home (2380) to when STO is set (2409-2411) so there's more then enough time for Seven to have done everything she claims she has done.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    Time travel be like that sometimes.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Time travel be like that sometimes.

Honestly only real issue here is the face model might be a bit different for the Delta Quadrant one, the rest are simply difference of clothing and hair style. Jeri Ryan didn't actually have that much shorter hair during the production of Voyager but it was kept in a very thigh bun so it looks like she had short hair.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I think it would make more sense that our shenanigans during the Iconian War, specifically the episode Butterfly, did change a few things. So in essence... we are working with the same Seven of Nine, just two different versions of her. The pre Butterfly version is closer to her Voyager incarnation, and the post Butterfly version is the Picard incarnation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    ulmanchun wrote: »
    I want to throw this idea out there. What if there were more than one Seven of Nine in the STO Universe. What if there are more than one to explain the different looks of seven during delta mission and the later missions. My theory Daystrom science accident. The delta mission seven did mention working for Daystrom but she mention was also a ranger? why now both at the same time. Heck, Captain seven also exist and currently in deep space research. Efficient science magic and plugs up flaws in the story.

Don't use Leeta as an example because mirror universe or multiverse stuff can explain minor difference in universe like Vic the holographic singer on DS9 is a regular Terran human in mirror universe (DS9: "The Emperor's New Cloak") .

Also hope to like see a mirror univers episode with warship voyager Janeway with a squad of different seven of nines in here borg hit squad. Also play a Mirror Janeway.

Or maybe she works multiple jobs and has an outfit for every occasion, she probably felt nostalgic during the Delta arc and wore an outfit most people in the Delta quadrant would recognize, like Seven could also be both a Starfleet Officer and a Ranger, she probably now does the Ranger stuff during her off-shore hours and has someone else manage the rest of the Rangers.
  • Options
    I guess the costume change made sense and her personality was more borg in the delta arc and were more human in the picard version - more balanced emotions and whole lot less vulcan like. still vulcan makes the best borg drones. Logical, non emotional, work well in groups, psychic powers for some, and efficient.

I am still hoping for a glimpse of a mirror terran empire borg hit squad taking down enemies. A one off episode would be nice.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Picard S3 takes place in 2401. The current year in STO in 2411. A lot can change in 10 years. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Picard S3 takes place in 2401. The current year in STO in 2411. A lot can change in 10 years. ;)

Right but Seven is quite different between her appearance in the Delta Rising arcs and later stories. They all take place within a year or two of each other in the STO timeline. Remember, we go from green cadet to Fleet Admiral in just a couple of months. :wink:
    That one I'll put down to the timey-wimey effects of the Iconian war.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

Right but Seven is quite different between her appearance in the Delta Rising arcs and later stories. They all take place within a year or two of each other in the STO timeline. Remember, we go from green cadet to Fleet Admiral in just a couple of months. :wink:

The Borg implants of the kinder/gentler Collective required a hard reboot; and when they reloaded her personality, `they had to use a TRIBBLE back up from the original collective (that were 30 years old, give or take)- and it took a year of incremental updates from various to get her 'current' personality back...? 🤔😂😉
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options

Those just 2409 and Discovery Starfleet PCs, the Romulan PC is even more impressive, in the exact same amount of time they go from citizen, that's right citizen, the Romulan PC starts of as an untrained average civillan (basically an NPC) to being a Fleet Admiral themselves.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think it would make more sense that our shenanigans during the Iconian War, specifically the episode Butterfly, did change a few things. So in essence... we are working with the same Seven of Nine, just two different versions of her. The pre Butterfly version is closer to her Voyager incarnation, and the post Butterfly version is the Picard incarnation.

Good point, and after we (spoilered) mr. (spoilers) wife in the (spoiler) he messed with the timeline too, and after we (spoilered) the (spoiler) out of their (spoiler) the Nakuhl joined the temporal fun. The timeline is held together with so much duct tape at this point.
  • Options
    The temporal department kinda got a bit lack after the delta events. I mean temporal duplicate of a vulcan admiral ... tholians, romulans.... C
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Good point, and after we (spoilered) mr. (spoilers) wife in the (spoiler) he messed with the timeline too, and after we (spoilered) the (spoiler) out of their (spoiler) the Nakuhl joined the temporal fun. The timeline is held together with so much duct tape at this point.

I'm now picturing Employee of Month Daniels duct taping the timeline, while the other temporal agents are fumbling about making messes in his perfect Timeline, like that one guy who accidentally created 2 T'naes,

The Na'Kuhl played stupid games and won a stupid prize, what happened to them was well deserved Karma, my TOS captain thought that the "Spoilers" didn't go far enough with them, should've also glassed the planet for good measure, no Na'Kuhl meant no bootstrap paradox, the Na'Kuhl's spoilers would be completely restored as well returning to a point in time to before we even meet Daniels, however it would also cancel out everything else like nuking the Na'Kuhl homeworld, darn it, I just created a new paradox, my character would be stuck in a loop, unless I can get someone else to nuke the Na'Kuhl.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Seven could've been affected but who really knows, most of the Post Butterfly Timeline seems very much the same as the Pre Butterfly Timeline, I expected some changes but nothing so far,

Was J'Ula's existence created by the butterfly, since I don't remember T'Kuvma having a sister or any siblings in the original timeline.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Was J'Ula's existence created by the butterfly, since I don't remember T'Kuvma having a sister or any siblings in the original timeline.

I think the character of J'ula was from the comic books and brought over into STO. So... semi canon but never mentioned on screen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.