test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hanger pet: Elite Yukawa Frigates not firing torps and hence not using Torp Spread III

genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
Hi, As in the title Elite Yukawa Frigates are ot firing or very rarely fire torps and therefore aren't utilizing their Torp spread III. I'm not sure if this affects the other rarities.

I noticed this in TFOs, and tested it in the Elite patrol "Wanted" in Argala. I didn't utilise any captain/boff firing modes or skills and just watched them attack several groups of ships. They only appear to use their beam arrays and Suppressive Armaments ability. If I target one of the frigates I can see that Torp spread III activates on a fairly regular basis, but the Torp III timer countdown runs out before they use it.

I think the issue is they are not firing torps, or very rarely. After looking at their flight patterns, it looks like they never/rarely actually face their targets in their front arc. They just seem to circle the target , so they don't get a chance to fire a Torp and therefore Torp III. This obviously makes them very in ineffective pets for their rarity.

If I had to guess, it is likely because they are extremely slow due to very low impulse speed or/and inertia rating, even compared to other frigates. This is despite me having the Swarmer Matrix and HYDRA console slotted, both of which should increase hanger pet speed.

Thanks for your help.