test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Battle of the Binary Stars issue/red flag warning. do not use Jellyfish!

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
Is this mission supposed to disable ship abilities totally? Once it's 'started', our regular ships are supposed to work as regular ships again. It works for carriers that way. But apparently not the Jellyfish? It locked out jellyfish mode for the whole length of the TFO, despite the console being there.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Good. One less TFO being ruined by that damned pink bubble. Good riddance to it.

Hear. hear. That's one of the worst visual spams in the game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'll be doing all 'Defense of Starbase One' for this Event. For the Anniversary I did two of the Mirror (Space) Patrols back to back, The quickest.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Aww... That means you actually have to do something there.

(Not aimed at the OP specifically - just to make clear that the workings of the AFK-console are pretty ridiculous.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    So sorry if people don't like the particular potential bug I'm highlighting. Trouble is, what else does it affect, that you require for your builds? Hope it's an important one and the TFO negates all its effects if so.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    So sorry if people don't like the particular potential bug I'm highlighting. Trouble is, what else does it affect, that you require for your builds? Hope it's an important one and the TFO negates all its effects if so.

So far I haven't encountered anything else. Besides the dumb holo-overlay of course, which disables the very thing that keeps this game afloat: the ability to fly ( ;) ) your own ship.

I'm not sure whether this is what you hoped for though, because it's no longer such an annoyance for me. Since I usually just warp out because of that mechanic.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Good. One less TFO being ruined by that damned pink bubble. Good riddance to it.

No, while the pink bubble is slightly annoying visually mainly due to the electrical discharges (though it is useful in groups for its heal) it is still transparent enough to not disrupt play too much. The worst VFX-spam offenders in the game are the opaque ones like the (by far the worst) old badlands version of the plasma storm (the Risa version, like the squid bubble, is mildly annoying in comparison) that all the DPS chasers seem to like to have up as much as possible.

Runners up for the most disruptive are the gravity-well-like red-and-black anomalies that are likewise too opaque, but at least they are limited in their view-blocking angle unless there are a lot of them out there.

As for the OP's observation, I suspect that something about the scenario setup forcing a skin change might prevent/disrupt mode switches that have a visual component. It has me curious so sometime during the event I might actually try it with a mode-switching destroyer despite the fact that T'kuvma's prattling on makes the drag of the timers far worse, so I usually avoid that TFO. I don't have one of the silly DSC-future Transformer ships or I would try that too since it would be more likely to trigger the bug.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I'm doing to hell with honor. most of the runs have had some high DPSers and it goes by fast
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    It has me curious so sometime during the event I might actually try it with a mode-switching destroyer...

If you mean something like the Chimera/Manticore, I recall using it just fine the last time BatBS was included in an event. I'll give it a go again, though, since it's my main ship.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had been running Defense of Starbase One every day for the Event. Today i checked the wrong box and ran Binary Stars instead for the last day of the Event. No problems, but given that this awarded 130 Marks with the Daily Bonus, while Defense has been awarding 80 Marks with the Daily Bonus, I would venture to guess that Defense is broken
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

No, while the pink bubble is slightly annoying visually mainly due to the electrical discharges (though it is useful in groups for its heal) it is still transparent enough to not disrupt play too much. The worst VFX-spam offenders in the game are the opaque ones like the (by far the worst) old badlands version of the plasma storm (the Risa version, like the squid bubble, is mildly annoying in comparison) that all the DPS chasers seem to like to have up as much as possible.

Runners up for the most disruptive are the gravity-well-like red-and-black anomalies that are likewise too opaque, but at least they are limited in their view-blocking angle unless there are a lot of them out there.

As for the OP's observation, I suspect that something about the scenario setup forcing a skin change might prevent/disrupt mode switches that have a visual component. It has me curious so sometime during the event I might actually try it with a mode-switching destroyer despite the fact that T'kuvma's prattling on makes the drag of the timers far worse, so I usually avoid that TFO. I don't have one of the silly DSC-future Transformer ships or I would try that too since it would be more likely to trigger the bug.

No, the worst offender by far is Beacon of Kahless. It white-outs the entire screen for several seconds. Can't see anything at all in that time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

No, the worst offender by far is Beacon of Kahless. It white-outs the entire screen for several seconds. Can't see anything at all in that time.
    I wholeheartedly agree, most annoying thing in the game ever.

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    echatty wrote: »

True, for a few seconds the Beacon is worse from a visibility standpoint since it is total whiteout and the glare itself can be very bad in a darkened room, but it lasts a far, far shorter period of time so I personally consider the opaque version of the plasma storm (I forget offhand the name) to be worse overall since it is opaque to the point where it is often the same level of obscuring as the Beacon depending on where you are in it.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    Would have thought that the Plasma Storm and Ion Storm consoles were high on the list of offenders,
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.