test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes for 12/14/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited December 2022 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 12/14 at 5AM Pacific for 5.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue where the Sylvia’s Feline Charm was usable in Q’s Winter Wonderland."

RIP kitty races
    "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Thank you for the fixes (Cat, Omni and fleet projects) as well as updates on other areas
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    randwulf0969randwulf0969 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I didn't even use Sylvia’s Feline Charm for racing, just to get around. It was very useful and fun. Thanks for sucking the fun out of the game.
  • Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Delete
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Why take it away completely? Why not just disable it during activities such as the racing. Can't have any fun outside the activities it seems, even party poppers don't work in QWW. I only used ti to quickly get around the map, QWW doesn't have an activities teleport unlike Risa.
  • Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User

Please don't change the Sylvia’s Feline Charm, it made moving around the map a lot more fun, don't end up with something fun just because it wasn't planned!
  • Options
    nolgroth1972nolgroth1972 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Thank you. By putting a restriction on the Omni, when there is no corresponding Beam/Cannon Cold-based weapons, makes it singularly unattractive and therefore negates my desire or need to grind out the currency for it. Y'all just saved me a heap of time and effort.
  • Options
    moridin707#8053 moridin707 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Why bother offering extremely limited use items as event rewards just to remove it from future events? It is hands down my FAVORITE part of Winter Wonderland this year. Ice booted kitties sliding around have livened an otherwise STALE event. The Halloween event was a GRIND. This silly charm was a fun and useful reward with a bonus that actually justified that effort.

As others said just disable or disqualify racers using it.

Besides, I dont see any nerfs to ketrocel white or other speed boosts...
  • Options
    drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    NOOOO! it was useful to get to each part of the map faster, hardly anyone uses the cat for the race because it's too slidey using it everyone else just runs and jumps because there's more control, all i've ever seen anyone use it for is to run around and it's cute the way the cat wiggles when it dances ^_^ I got tired of switching to my sword to give me more of a speed boost so it's easier to just change into a kitty and dash to the Tide and Ice area and then back to the center or to the Gingerbread area and it's a bit of a distance. Disable it for the race but don't for using it around Q's Wonderland it's doing no harm.
  • Options
    I am very upset at the removal of the cat charm, just make it a DQ for the race, its so much fun to run around as a cat in the winter wonderland. i love seeing the big gingerbread houses and the zoomies around the map.

the competitive race just awards a non combat pet and there is a trophy for not placing. i hope it comes back
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I agree.
    Please prevent the use of Sylvia’s Feline Charm during Races, but don't disable it completely in the Winterwonderland.
    We worked hard for this. The Haloween-event was quite tedious.
    There is legitimate use for it. It's useful for getting around the map and the cat on slippery ground it's a lot of fun.
    Please don't take that away.
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Patch notes, the "NO FUN ALLOWED" edition.

WTH, I use the Feline charm to run from one place to another in the big wonderland all the time and I see plenty ppl doing the same. Its such an useful and good utility power, why does it have to be disabled? If its issue with the pvp race, just disabl the charm for the duration of the participants of the race, and hell while you are removing things for "muh pvp race", why not ddisable jemhadar altogether?

Also, the cold omni? Really? How many things even boost cold damage in the game in space in the first place?? Would it really be unbalanced if the cold omni isnt restricted?

>Resolved an issue with the Red Riker ground weapon where some attributes were affecting more types of units than expected.
    >Added additional voice over audio to Q’s Winter Wonderland.

What does the Red Riker issue means? And really???? You remove the immensly useful cat charm but adding more of the annoying Q voices?
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I guess cryptics metric look worse when ppl are using the cat charm to run to one place to another and thus reducing play time by even a little bit. Otherwise I cant really imagine why its disabled, especially since there are so many advantages, including the easiest "use jemhadar toon" advantage, one can obtain for the pvp races.
  • Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Will ketracel white boosts be disabled too for races?

Also, why restrict the omni?
    "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    jeanluke#9333 jeanluke Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sylvia’s Feline Charm Nerf? lets the Katt Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    lordvader#9371 lordvader Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It wasn't cool to remove Sylvia's Feline Charm from the winter map, it is a useful item, it limits it to running, but not to moving around the map, or give us automatic teleportation to the event locations! or next year create a Sylvia’s Feline Charm with the same function but with a Christmas theme that will help us move around the map.
  • Options
    Why not release the feline charm as a purchaseble winter wonderland item? I mean, as an event reward the charm is kinda subpar, its not a weapon or equipment for ground or space anyway and wont disrupt the normal gameplay outside of wonderland, so why not make the charm more accessible??
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    If you didn't complete the event, you can still do the buyout, so the charm couldn't be more accessible.
    There's nothing wrong with the charm.
    The wrong thing is cheating in the competitive race, and the only solution ist to disable all speed-boost in the race.
    This includes the charm, ketracel white, endeavour sprint-speed bonus and all other speed-boost.
    Disable all of this while participating in the race, leave it alone in the rest of wonderland.
  • Options
    If you didn't complete the event, you can still do the buyout, so the charm couldn't be more accessible.
    There's nothing wrong with the charm.
    The wrong thing is cheating in the competitive race, and the only solution ist to disable all speed-boost in the race.
    This includes the charm, ketracel white, endeavour sprint-speed bonus and all other speed-boost.
    Disable all of this while participating in the race, leave it alone in the rest of wonderland.

Apparently disable durign race is not possible: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1269015/cryptic-is-disallowing-the-use-of-the-cat-charm-in-qs-ww-in-tomorrows-patch
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue where previous year’s Winter Ornament projects were available to captains."
    What does that mean? If it is fleet projects why not keep them? If its a typo then nvm
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue where previous year’s Winter Ornament projects were available to captains."
    What does that mean? If it is fleet projects why not keep them? If its a typo then nvm

That is in the CONSOLE patch note. This is the PC patch notes thread.
  • Options
    arquimedezarquimedez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree with many of the opinions that are present.
    For example, they can deactivate the amulet for the races but they don't, they prefer to do it for the whole map so that people walk more and it's absurd (I don't have the amulet).
    They could put more prizes to change in the event store (like the amulet), since most of the rewards there are not very helpful outside the event.
    Also being able to change the Latinum pieces for exact amounts and not from 1 to 200 since it is very boring if you want to change a large amount.

Español ---"Estoy de acuerdo con muchas de las opiniones que estan presentes.
    Por ejemplo, pueden desactivar el amuleto para las carreras pero no lo hacen, prefieren hacerlo para todo el mapa para que la gente camine mas y es absurdo (No tengo el amuleto).
    Podrian poner mas premios para cambiar en la tienda del evento (como el amuleto), ya que la mayoria de recompensas que hay no son de gran ayuda fuera del evento.
    Tambien poder cambiar las piezas de latinum por cantidades exactas y no de 1 a 200 ya que es muy aburrido si quieres cambiar una cantidad grande."---
  • Options
    drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    arquimedez wrote: »
    I agree with many of the opinions that are present.
    For example, they can deactivate the amulet for the races but they don't, they prefer to do it for the whole map so that people walk more and it's absurd (I don't have the amulet).
    They could put more prizes to change in the event store (like the amulet), since most of the rewards there are not very helpful outside the event.
    Also being able to change the Latinum pieces for exact amounts and not from 1 to 200 since it is very boring if you want to change a large amount.

Español ---"Estoy de acuerdo con muchas de las opiniones que estan presentes.
    Por ejemplo, pueden desactivar el amuleto para las carreras pero no lo hacen, prefieren hacerlo para todo el mapa para que la gente camine mas y es absurdo (No tengo el amuleto).
    Podrian poner mas premios para cambiar en la tienda del evento (como el amuleto), ya que la mayoria de recompensas que hay no son de gran ayuda fuera del evento.
    Tambien poder cambiar las piezas de latinum por cantidades exactas y no de 1 a 200 ya que es muy aburrido si quieres cambiar una cantidad grande."---

It's not crazy when we'll be playing the minigames over and over again and are constantly back and forth towards the center then hopping back and forth To and From Tide of Ice and Cones of Conduct, then before i knew i could teleport to Kramp i was running to where he was LOL, after running back and forth a few times it gets tiresome and doesn't feel so bad when the kitty has a good speed boost :D so it's very useful, you'll wish you could get around faster soon enough.

It looks like we can still use the kitty charm but it seems a bit slower... but i guess still gets us around a bit faster than just running but meh... i liked getting around quickly.
  • Options
    angryempath1angryempath1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm baffled by this dev team's patch priorities. Absolutely baffled. I've been submitting tickets on bugged traits and space consoles for months, but let's rush to nerf the cat charm.
  • Options
    thedumbkid#1275 thedumbkid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So this will probably get unread and uncredited about. I've only been playing for a little over 2 years. Have to say I've really enjoyed the events but this move just takes the fun of if it. The events have always been stupid fun, a break from the norm, a way to just decompress. Now? Guess wanting your players to have fun is our of the question. I even read the post on the cat charm getting taken away patch notes. Saying it's not feasible to disable it? No it's not.

The floaters on Risa aren't designed to be activated during the powerboard only portion of the powerboard race itself or biathalon. Activation prior to the appropriate time results in automatic DQ. How is that coding not available to be copied to the cat charm program?

Saying it provides an unfair advantage to a PvP situation because not everyone has access to it? I don't have access to DOMINO because I missed the event ship. Are you going to ban that for any other ships than what it comes in? Gotta say, you make it hard for a fairly new player to want to keep playing...
  • Options
    gav1979gav1979 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Still no Miguel Ferrer in the In Memorial board but they included the recent passing of Kirsty Alley. What is a fan to do to get this legend indoctrinated into this wall?

Tickets and posts on the forums seem to have done nothing. :'(
  • Options
    alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Oddly, I'm not seeing Kirstie Alley on the plaques (checked ESD and Qo'nos).
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Everybody is blathering about the Charm. No one presses for treating Omnis like Turrets and get rid of that restriction. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    So now I can't use the whole morphagenic set along with the new breen set because of the breen omni and morphagentic weapon even though it's not an omni.
This discussion has been closed.