What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gorn need a revamp

2»

Comments

• Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Also when it comes to Gorn, I feel like chestbuster doesn't fit the species at all and could've been easily applied to another species entirely like the Letheans, as it would be a better fit.
  • Options
    With the latest season of Star Trek Strange New Worlds, we got to see the latest interpretation of the Gorn species. I kinda have a soft spot for those cold blooded scalie creatures and think that the Gorn in Star Trek Online should have a tail option in character customization to reflect the latest incarnation. It would also be nice if the Gorn have some story lines as well. Please let me know what you guys think.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    With the latest season of Star Trek Strange New Worlds, we got to see the latest interpretation of the Gorn species. I kinda have a soft spot for those cold blooded scalie creatures and think that the Gorn in Star Trek Online should have a tail option in character customization to reflect the latest incarnation. It would also be nice if the Gorn have some story lines as well. Please let me know what you guys think.

I was going to mention that.

Strange New Worlds is now my favorite, by far, Star Trek since TOS.

It feels like they were taking TOS and using all of today's technology and cinematic abilities and making the best of it.

Discovery never pulled me in, though the second season with Pike, Spock and Section 31 was worth the watch, after that season, I lost interest to the point where I did not even watch the fourth season.

Anyways, they made the Gorn truly terrifying in that version, and very alien... just one of many reasons why SNW is so good IMO, when you can take something known, and make it new and threatening, that's good stuff.
    In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    The devs are not likely to do anything with the Gorn at least until CBS is done with that thread in their current story arc.

There is very little information about the SNW Gorn so far, especially nothing that links them with the TOS and Ent Gorn already in the game, which makes for an uncomfortable writing position for the devs. On one hand, anything original the devs write about them could blow up in their face by getting canonshafted by the next season's events. On the other hand, they might have some insider knowledge from CBS but cannot use it because of the usual nondisclosure stuff about upcoming plots.
This discussion has been closed.