test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Since Thursday, you aren't able to bookmark posts on page 1 on mobile in PC Gameplay Bug Reports.

sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
Dear Cryptic,

Since Thursday, one is not able to bookmark pages on page 1 while using a mobile device in the section of the forums called PC Gameplay Bug Reports under the Support forum. All the other pages do not have this problem. This applies even when in Desktop site mode using Google Chrome. On PC despite part of the page being cut off you can still bookmark pages that are on page 1 as well as the other pages. If you are on the My Bookmarks list on PC, the cutoff is still present on page 1 but you can still star the threads. On mobile devices, page 1 does not display the star in order to bookmark even if you change to Desktop site mode. I have attached screenshots showing the latest unannounced change to that part of the forums.

rfqrnd5ict8q.png

a81nflz0efeb.png

x4ah6ts7cd3p.png

gkg71fy5jiya.png
Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Rather confused by your claim, because I'm seeing stars in the images that you've provided. Plus, my own experience also shows the stars available to bookmark.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Sorry you are confused. I am not able to take a picture of what I see on my phone. I am only able to explain what the problem is on mobile devices. Yes, I can still bookmark on my phone but now I need to click on the thread and then I am able to bookmark. I did not need to do that until something was changed on Thursday. On my phone, on page 1 I cannot see the stars, the avatar for the person who started it, and the avatar of the last person who posted like I can on PC. All I know is that page 1 is out of alignment with the rest of the pages. This misalignment is shown on PC and on mobile devices. No other part of the STO forum appears to be affected.
  • Options
    Update: I can now bookmark page 1 on mobile in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums. Now though I am not able to bookmark page 2 when previously I could. The workaround is to click on the thread and then it can be bookmarked. Page 1 in the My Bookmarks section still cannot be bookmarked. So one issue has been resolved but the other has not. I will see what happens tomorrow.
  • Options
    Update: I finally figured out how to take a screenshot in Android. It was counterintuitive. I still can bookmark page 1 on mobile in PC Gameplay Bug Reports. I am now able to bookmark page 2 but not 3. The workaround is to still click on the thread and then you will be able to bookmark it. Page 1 in the My Bookmarks section can now be bookmarked but not Page 2.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Admittedly some weird behavior.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Last update for 2022: Page 3 cannot be bookmarked in the My Bookmarks section. Page 4 cannot be bookmarked in PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Workaround is still the same as previously posted. May this be fixed for Android and other mobile devices in 2023.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Update for Jan 2023: Page 5 cannot be bookmarked in the My Bookmarks section. Page 7 of PC Gameplay Bug Reports cannot be bookmarked. Workaround is the same, nothing has changed.
  • Options
    February 2023: Page 5 still not able to be bookmarked in My Bookmarks section. Now, Page 8 cannot be bookmarked in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Workaround is the same as usual.
  • Options
    February 17, 2023: Page 5 still not able to be bookmarked in My Bookmarks section. Now, Page 9 cannot be bookmarked in PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Workaround is still the same.
  • Options
    March 1, 2023. Now, Page 8 not able to be bookmarked in My Bookmarks section. Now, Page 12 not able to be bookmarked in PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Workaround is still the same.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    March 13, 2023. Page 9 not able to be bookmarked in My Bookmarks section. Page 13 is not able to be bookmarked under PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Workaround remains the same.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    March 30, 2023. Now Page 10 cannot be bookmarked in My Bookmarks section. Now Page 15 cannot be bookmarked under PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Workaround is still the same where you have to click on the thread and then you click the star to bookmark it.
This discussion has been closed.