test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refunds on Risian Weather Control Vessel?

blackward01blackward01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2022 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
I bought the Risian Weather Control Vessel in good fate after being in the game for over two years for the Console - Universal - Neutronic Eddy Generator. You ask 17.000 zen for it i got it on 'sale' for 4500 zen about 45 euro's. And in the time off les than a month you change the effect of the console to do way less damage. This is not the item i wanted or payed for! This is bait and switch.
But for me the worst thing is that i can't trust what i buy. I had my eye on two mudds bundles but spending that kinda cash would need me to trust you to keep the items as they are.
Please undo the nerfs and make my item as it was. Or if that is not an option refund the people that bought the ship.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• blackward01blackward01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (private correspondence removed) - darkbladejk

I understand that now that what you buy is not worth anything and you can change it when they want. I understand it was not a problem for two years and was ok to sell to me as it was. I understand that an item I bought is not as good so i can buy a new one. This was a bait and switch! I understand that you are not to be trusted.
    But don't worry i won't experience any more of your game. And no more money for me wil end up on your balance!
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (quote of private correspondence removed) - darkbladejk
    I understand that now that what you buy is not worth anything and you can change it when they want. I understand it was not a problem for two years and was ok to sell to me as it was. I understand that an item I bought is not as good so i can buy a new one. This was a bait and switch! I understand that you are not to be trusted.
    But don't worry i won't experience any more of your game. And no more money for me wil end up on your balance!

It is in your best interest to edit this post as it is against forum policy to include any third party communications ie with support. As I said it would be in your best interest for you to delete said contact before the forum moderators do it. Also it is in the terms of service that they have the right to make changes to anything they wish, something you agreed to when creating your account.

21.3 We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Service as we see fit in our sole discretion.
    Post edited by darkbladejk on

21.3 We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Service as we see fit in our sole discretion.

I know they have the right to do that. That is why an item is based on trust. I buy somthing in good faith and they leave it as it was for two years before. If they put somthing in the store that you could not get for years at a premium you sould be able to expect it is the same two months after you buy it.

If they changed it before that they put it in the mudd store that would have been transparent. Now it feels like a bait and switch. Here buy one of the 'best' EPG items in the game. Thanks for your money we rebalenced it you wanna buy the new best item? We can change it if we want too.

So a refund as a show of good faith that the did not do this just to het money would have been in place to the people that bought an item because it was really good.

And trust broken is very hard to fix.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    You are not entitled to keep a console in a broken state at the expense of the game's health simply because you paid money for it. There is no bait and switch. The console was becoming THE answer in all cases if you wanted to do science or anything EPG related and all MMOs will nerf things when items reach that level. Sucks if you use the item but it is what it is. This console has been out for over a year and trying to get a refund now after the fact is like buying an item, then going into a store a year later while a sale is going on then demanding a refund for the difference in price. You're not entitled to that. Just means now folks need to find another console to use if they don't like that one.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    No bait and switch? Thing been out for years not for sale. Get chance to buy it. Gets changed. Forum monitor says i'm not entitled to what i pay for. Just use another console if you don't like this one. I buy that one and you change it do i get the same response. Sucks to be me?
    I don't think i'll be taking that risk.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    OP, you got your answer from CS. You've given your reply here with your intentions. This is becoming nothing more than a rant thread bordering on flaming/trolling, which aren't allowed. /Rant
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.