Install Arc
Options

Some traits on Boffs aren't upgraded at UR

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
edited September 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Traits like

Warrior (Federation Klingon Boff)
Impatient (Xindi Reptillian)
Leadership (Kathryn Janeway - from the Caelian pack)

Don't seem to be upgraded after applying a Elite Boff training token
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• Options
    These are just the one I've noticed. Others may find other ones that aren't upgraded.

For images of the traits, see
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1268132/elite-boff-posting-time
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    It only upgrades traits that actually have a higher quality variant, not all traits do.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Efficient doesn't get upgraded to the Superior version.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Wiki says these have no Superior version: So possibly not a bug, but definitely worth knowing.

Leadership - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Trait:_Leadership/boff
    Impatient - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Trait:_Impatient/boff
    Warrior - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Trait:_Warrior/boff

Wiki says these do, so a bug we should add to the bugs forum

Efficient - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Trait:_Efficient/boff

Just to confuse matters, Superior Logical *was* created for Vulcans - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1268132/elite-boff-posting-time
  • Options
    They never said a thing about only a few traits being eligible for upgrading though.

From the release blog, its official announcement:

[quote]Upgrade to Ultra Rare, upgrading all Inherent Traits to maximum rank for their respective types.[/quote]

• Options
    Since when do we even have ranks of traits anyway? That's a very odd way to denote the difference between a superior and regular version of a trait.

Moreover, 'their respective types' is a phrase that makes no sense in this context. What does 'type' refer to? A superior trait is a wholly different trait from the regular one, they're not variations of the same 'type of trait' (again, a non-sensical construct) since they previously were totally separated.

If they wanted this sentence to inform players that traits would be upgraded to its currently existing best version, they should just have said so. And indeed, some new traits were actually added. Or the Wiki was inaccurate, but if that's the case, it shows once more that this kind of information ought to be provided by Cryptic - instead if making it the community's responsibility to figure out how a new - paid-for - feature is working.

• Options
    Since when do we even have ranks of traits anyway?
    Traits have been that way since the game first launched twelve years ago
    That's a very odd way to denote the difference between a superior and regular version of a trait.
    'Rank' is just as good as any other label, what else would you call it?
    Moreover, 'their respective types' is a phrase that makes no sense in this context. What does 'type' refer to?
    It's not exactly well worded imo but by 'type' I believe they meant the trait itself, such as Romulan Operative, Logical, etc.
    A superior trait is a wholly different trait from the regular one
    They aren't wholly different, they are functionally identical with different numbers ...
    If they wanted this sentence to inform players that traits would be upgraded to its currently existing best version, they should just have said so.
    The blog could have been worded better, but they were VERY clear about how it worked when they revealed it on the weekly livestream a few weeks ago.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I just now upgraded a Jem'Hadar Vanguard BOFF. After the upgrade:
    Engineered Soldier (Ground) -> Upgraded to Superior Engineered Soldier (Ground)
    Engineered Soldier (Space) -> DID NOT upgrade to Superior Engineered Solder (Space).
    Shroud -> Upgraded to Superior Shroud

Why would they add a Superior Engineered Soldier rank for ground only and not for space? Is that an error, oversight?

I also upgraded a Kentari BOFF..ALthough that boff already has a superior trait, I was hoping the other 2 traits would upgrade. However, they did not:
    Kentari Ferocity -> DID NOT upgrade to Superior Kentari Ferocity
    Leadership -> DID NOT upgrade to Superior Leadership (someone stated above there is no superior leadership...but there should be!).

So my Kentari BOFF with upgrade token, did not have ANY traits upgraded...I want my token back.

I guess now we need a list of EVERY trait that does upgrade with token, so that we know before spending the token if any traits on a particular boff will actually upgrade.
  • Options
    Why would they add a Superior Engineered Soldier rank for ground only and not for space? Is that an error, oversight?

According to Bort they didn't add ANY new superior variants, so my guess is Superior Engineered Soldier already existed in the database but wasn't available on any existing boffs.
    eaY7Xxu.png