test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STAR TREK DAY!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
edited September 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We're celebrating Star Trek's Birthday for the next two weeks, with a special in game museum of the Federation's history!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11524553
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    haws3r#8525 haws3r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

I am guessing your new here.
    Those specific ships will be on display wrapped around Earth Spacedock and Deep Space 9 exteriors, and we can fly to each one to hear a small soundbite from each captain to celebrate Star Trek Day, which will in turn award an accolade for those who have not done it previously.
    You may find that they will (dont quote me on this) release the pack again for a short period during this time, most likely will be announced the day before the promotion for star trek day happens though.
    So they have every right to display the hero ships in their blog if they choose to..
  • Options
    haws3r#8525 haws3r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am guessing your new here.
    Those specific ships will be on display wrapped around Earth Spacedock and Deep Space 9 exteriors, and we can fly to each one to hear a small soundbite from each captain to celebrate Star Trek Day, which will in turn award an accolade for those who have not done it previously.
    You may find that they will (dont quote me on this) release the pack again for a short period during this time, most likely will be announced the day before the promotion for star trek day happens though.
    So they have every right to display the hero ships in their blog if they choose to..

This is a pre-order acc, support had to reset my forum acc 5 days ago.
    I know exactly what this event entails, it's not the first time.
    I also know they have every right to use their own property as they see fit, however, since it was used to celebrate a very specific STO event - its 10th anniversary - I find it misleading. I highly doubt we're going to see that package in the C-Store anytime soon, that's why I got excited before I thoroughly read the post.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Wha? It makes sense if they advertise the ships to put the Anniversary pack on sale again. But even if they don’t, it’ll be back on sale soon. They offer it once every few months.
  • Options
    dad0lwchdad0lwch Member Posts: 1 New User
    Always love Star Trek Day here - I appreciate how hard the makers of this game work to keep it infused with the Great Bird's vision. May it one day be so!

#IDIC
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Happy Star Trek Day!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    We're celebrating Star Trek's Birthday for the next two weeks, with a special in game museum of the Federation's history!

The museum is interesting, but where are the Enterprise B and C. Did they not play important parts in federation history as well?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

The museum is interesting, but where are the Enterprise B and C. Did they not play important parts in federation history as well?

Federation History yes, Star Trek History? not really.

This is more focused on ships important to the franchise, hence why Ceritos is up this year. as well as Stargazer (nice chance to see the new model). Although La Serenna isn't which I feel is a bit of a miss.

BTW devs, you need to update the voyager and SNW conny fluff. voyager says Janeway was the only female captain but Burnham is now captain. also SNW has launched so it's not an "upcoming" series
  • Options
    Burnham didn't become captain until after the jump to the future, right? So, according to the in-game timeline, that hasn't happened yet.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    ...however, since it was used to celebrate a very specific STO event - its 10th anniversary - I find it misleading.
    The 10 ships at ESD/DS9 wasn't used to promote the 10th anniversary at all given that it first appeared in the game in September 2020.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Burnham didn't become captain until after the jump to the future, right? So, according to the in-game timeline, that hasn't happened yet.

that'd be fine if it was in the "in character" notes, but it was in the out of character notes about the series.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Hell, as far as the 25th century knows, the Discovery under Capt. Saru was lost with all hands in a tragic DASH Drive accident.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Federation History yes, Star Trek History? not really.

This is more focused on ships important to the franchise, hence why Ceritos is up this year. as well as Stargazer (nice chance to see the new model). Although La Serenna isn't which I feel is a bit of a miss.

BTW devs, you need to update the voyager and SNW conny fluff. voyager says Janeway was the only female captain but Burnham is now captain. also SNW has launched so it's not an "upcoming" series
    Just went to the museum. Voyager says Janeway was the first female captain on Star Trek. Maybe that's an update already? Dunno.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    They probably should have worded it differently; Voyager was the first series to feature a female captain for the hero ship, not the first female captain shown in Star Trek. TNG had Rachel Garrett as captain of Enterprise-C and a number of others captaining other ships.

Later series have female captains in recurring roles like Erika Hernandez in ENT, Phillipa Georgio in DSC, and many others.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    They probably should have worded it differently; Voyager was the first series to feature a female captain for the hero ship, not the first female captain shown in Star Trek. TNG had Rachel Garrett as captain of Enterprise-C and a number of others captaining other ships.

Later series have female captains in recurring roles like Erika Hernandez in ENT, Phillipa Georgio in DSC, and many others.

And the first female Captain on the screen in Star Trek was the female Captain of the USS Saratoga in the opening scene of STIV: The Voyage Home.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    An odd thing I noticed in the museum this year is that none of the sound clips play except the two new ones, for the new Stargazer and the Cerritos.
  • Options
    An odd thing I noticed in the museum this year is that none of the sound clips play except the two new ones, for the new Stargazer and the Cerritos.

Yeah, the recent update that added those audio clips ended up dropping the others. It's a known issue.
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.