test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keep Risa Sovak's Artifact Hunt All Year Long

I think it would be a good idea to keep Sovak's Artifact Hunt going all year long because the last 2 artifacts can be very difficult to find you could do it a hundred times and still not find one of them, there's also quite a bit to figure out about it that some players like myself like playing around with, it has quite a few quirks to it.

You don't have to give us favor after the summer event is over because it's already a fun challenge figuring out all the quirks, i just don't want to have to wait an entire year to complete the accolade and . If you insist on a reward you could just give us energy credits? but i just like hunting for the artifacts :) How about it Arch team? Yes?.

Comments

• Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Sovak can be all year / Fly High can be all year, and Horga'hn Hunt can be all year.
    Would definately help when one needs favors and can only get them once a year.
    *Exchange is OVER PRICED AND NOT WORTH IT* for those who suggest buying them.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I'm sorry, but IMHO, no. What's the point of the Summer Event, if you could earn Lohlunat Favors all year long? And don't say the Ship, because that's a once a day thing. Earning Favors is one of the big draws to the various activities during the Event. The Event becomes less special, if players are allowed to earn Favors all year long. Next y'all will be asking the same of Winter Wonderland to have access to it year around to earn Holiday Currencies.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    The holliday event would be harder to make year round cause unlike Risa there are no stand alone events, everything is team orientated on Winter Wonderland. The race is IMPOSSIBLE AND BEYOND DIFFICULT so that wouldnt even be a choice.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    The holliday event would be harder to make year round cause unlike Risa there are no stand alone events, everything is team orientated on Winter Wonderland. The race is IMPOSSIBLE AND BEYOND DIFFICULT so that wouldnt even be a choice.

"Fastest Game on Ice?" You're saying THAT is impossible and beyond difficult? O...k.... Anyway, "Pie Eating" and Neelix's cooking missions are also solo tasks. Plus, Winter Wonderland has DOFFing missions that allow collection of Holiday Currencies. Regardless, the point still stands: making Risa missions available year around to collect Lohlunat Favors makes the actual Summer Event less special. Now, I could get behind making Sovak's Artifact Hunt available year round in order to earn the Accolades, but remove the Lohlunat Favor reward.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    The bird and monkey vendors would be handy to have in all year though, currently eggs stack up so fast that they cannot be processed through (and while I don't do the races, I have heard some people say the same about tags) and just keep stacking a few more onto the pile each year when the event ends. Since they award marks rather than favors, and there is no way to get any more eggs or favors before the next summer event run it would just be a cleanup, not a spoiler for the event.

As for the winter solo race, it is not that difficult using the roll or jump methods, but that would have the problem BaddMoonRizin pointed out of lowering anticipation for the event itself if you could get the currency all year long.
  • Options
    ignome#4210 ignome Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm all for the pet raiser to be open all year round, especially with that mess of mark weekend coming conveniently AFTER risa end, ultimate troll.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    "Holiday" events & their associated activities are just that - "Holiday" events.
    There's no point in having Summer/Winter events if they're available all year.
    Much as I'd like to have some access year-round as well, I'm with BMR on this one - Summer/Winter events should remain Summer/Winter events.
    Now, who wants the Hallowe'en event at Easter? That's what we should really be discussing!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/