test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You removed the Borg cube !

Hi !
You removed it because people had problem with flying it and now you introduce a round ship, and it seems no one is complain. This seems odd !

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    What are you talking about??
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    What are you talking about??
    I think the poster is trying to say one of the devs said something along the lines of we cannot have cube Borg ships for players as in testing we cannot work out how to fly them with no front or back as it causes all sorts of issues for players. Now we have a round ship. If a round ship works then a cube ship should work. At least that's what I believe the OP is trying to say.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    He has a point.
  • hippis#7044 hippis Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    pottsey5g you got the point !
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    There has been a round ship in the game for quite a while, the Lukari flying saucer. It is easy to tell which way it is going because of the vapor that rolls off the back side of the saucer and the surface details of the ship hull.

On the other hand, a Borg ship does not leave a trail like that and would look silly if it did. Also, the surface detail on a Borg ship is no help in determining facing.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Kael address this in a recent 10-forward. The new event ship has the wake effect so you can discern the front from the back. They tried doing the same thing on a Borg cube, but they felt it still didn’t make it feel like it could work as a playable ship. But they did try it. One other problem is the cube doesn’t bank when it turns, so it looks funny if you fly it without the bank, when they added the banking it didn’t feel right either.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/vocj7t/ten_forward_weekly_62922/
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    A playable Borg Cube just should never happen in STO.
    Certain ships should just be left as boss-types, and the Cube is one of them!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/