test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

English spots in german text

maximgorkiymaximgorkiy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited July 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,
Will the patchy German text around the game ever be freed from the English spots again, i.e. will everything be translated correctly?

Kind regards, Maxim.
PC-Info
MB: MSI MPG X570 GP 2.0
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Mem: Samsung DDR4 -2132 8GB (x2)
Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
System: Micrsft. Windows 10 Pro v.21H2
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,492 Arc User
    > @maximgorkiy said:
    > Hello,
    > Will the patchy German text around the game ever be freed from the English spots again, i.e. will everything be translated correctly?
    >
    > Kind regards, Maxim.

Are you on consoles or PC? This needs to be known since there is currently no General Discussion forum for PS4 or Xbox One only. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    sthe91 wrote: »
    >

Are you on consoles or PC? This needs to be known since there is currently no General Discussion forum for PS4 or Xbox One only. Thanks.

Sorry, i'm a PC-gamer!
    *Now i have a signature...

Post edited by maximgorkiy on
    PC-Info
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,527 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Probably not. Text keeps changing, and there might not be time to order new translations in time for the next update.

The translation service we use at work (not Cryptic) has a minimum fee so we only update translations a few times a year not for one new message or one changed line of text.

You can post in the PC bug reports forum with a list of missing translations.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,492 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    So are you saying that on PC the German language version is not complete in regards to certain items? Could you elaborate which items are in need of attention? That would help the Cryptic devs a lot in order to work on a fix. I suggest you post a list of these items that need to be translated correctly in the German localization in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports forum. Thanks. :)

P.S. Did not realize your signature until just now.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Okay, I have already taken screenshots (also in the past) of the tailor (ships and clothes). I will send them to the support. But I will not take over the work of Geamemaster. For example: 9wpobp2q1kvh.jpg
    PC-Info
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    What isn’t translated here? The name of the material files? That seems like a very minor problem. They are just names in a list, and do not convey any meaning even in English.
  • Options
    The picture above says "Type" instead of "Typ or Muster" in german.

Here I have a better example: the hands are all in English.

qoo4r3xwd70z.jpg

If you want to understand it better and see it with your own eyes, then simply switch the game to German and browse through the various menus yourself. Then you will notice that many things are readable for you because they are not in German.... provided you can't read a syllable of German...

PC-Info
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Yes. I understand they say “fleet” and “type and “bony claws” and “collar.” Do you understand those are “dateinamen“ not descriptions?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    qultuq wrote: »
    Yes. I understand they say “fleet” and “type and “bony claws” and “collar.” Do you understand those are “dateinamen“ not descriptions?

Fine, and what does that have to do with them not being translated? Do you think the German player, who helt doesn't know a word of English, cares whether these are file names or descriptions?

It is not as if the examples given and many other names or designations have never been in German! They all were until a few years ago....
    Post edited by maximgorkiy on
    PC-Info
  • Options
    Well, it looks like you are overwhelmed with my statements on the matter.

Again: I am not the least bit interested in whether it is about file names or descriptions. That was all translated correctly once. And at some point, various parts of the text began to appear in English. This means that the file names used to be in German when the client was set to German! Do you even understand what I am writing about here?

By the way, I use Translation with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version), they have good prices for business use... :D:#:*
    PC-Info