Install Arc
Options

Use Free Retrain ability not working

detourm86detourm86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Charactername@handle: T'Rinna@DetourM86

Last map you were in: N/A

Map you were going to: N/A

What the issue is:
I have returned to the game after a number of years. After some reading, I wanted to retrain my captain skills. I used a Free Retrain that I had. I only had 1. I received onscreen confirmation as well as confirmation in my chat window that the Respec was successful. When I checked my character, only the characters traits were reset and not the captain's skills. My Use Free Retrain button is now greyed out.

What steps you already tried when attempting to resolve your issue:
This is the only time I have encountered this issue. It's the only time I have tried to retrain my captain skills that I can remember. I have not tried this on a different character because I did not want to waste another free retrain.

I submitted a in game bug report and was asked to create a new forum topic and reply to them with the URL.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    schmitanschmitan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Greetings.

I encountered the same issue on TWO of my characters. I opened a support ticket and it was recommended to me that i report this here in the forums so here i am.

About a week ago i wanted to retrain the skills on one of my captains so i used a free retrain that i still had on that character. When i used the retrain it only cleared my selected personal ground traits, personal space traits and starship traits in the Traits tab of my character window.
    The system confirmed this in my chat window with [System] [RespecSuccess] Respec successful.
    There was no error message. Still all my Space and Ground skills under the Skills tab were NOT reset so i was unable to select the new skills i wanted to use.

1 day ago i encountered the EXACT SAME PROBLEM on another character. So now i have used 2 free retrains on my account but am still unable to change the skills of my characters.

Both characters are a Starfleet Tactical Officer at Level 65 and did NOT have the "Invalid Skill" tag on their skill window. In both situations i was in orbit around a planet and not in deep space. I am 100% certain that i was in the K-13 Fleet Holding system with the second character and there is a high chance that i also was in any of the Fleet Holding systems when it happened the first time.

Summary:

- 2 free retrains used on different characters ( Level 65 Starfleet Tactical Officer )
    - no "Invalid Skill" note
    - all traits were reset (that are not reputation related)
    - no skills were reset
    - no error message
    - Chat message saying: [System] [RespecSuccess] Respec successful.
    - in orbit around planet (inside a system)
    - at least 1 character definitely was in K-13 Fleet Holding system at the time it happened

I hope this helps in finding the cause of the problem.