test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frequent Server Timeouts

o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
For weeks now server timeouts happen way more frequently than ever before, at least for me. Be it dueing map change, switching characters or just when I log in. About twenty minutes ago I played one of my characters for a while, then switched to another one. When I tried to log back to the first char...bam...server timeout. And not only once, at the moment it's impossible to log in this character. Starts to make the gamne unplayable sometimes. And that happened frequently during the past weeks, on many of my characters. To me it seems as if the servers are on their last legs and nobody cares. These days STO for me only means Server TimeOut.
~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~

Comments

• Options
    dragonknightskydragonknightsky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    happening to me currently too, this issue is cutting into me being able to even do events and im questioning if the attempts are even worth it sadly... if theres a suggestion ill gladly look into it like a reinstall as painfull as all that patch time would be atleast might be better used instead of never getting into the game
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Still happening frequently, but today evening it's impossible for me to log in from the character window. I gave up after about 10 tries with several characters. Well goodbye then to the Red Alert event but hey...it's a recurring copy and paste event anyway, so no real loss. And what can we do if Cryptic doesn't even seem to care?
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    I had this happen to me the other day multiple attempts to login and kept getting the server timeout error, so I turned my modem off for a minute then back on and now it's working for me with no timeout error.
  • Options
    kruszer#6847 kruszer Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I am also having this issue. it happens to me when the game tries and fails to load the character selection page.