test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incorrect animations for sitting NPC's in TOS Starfleet bridges

spaceman20290#1755 spaceman20290 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On both the Pioneer and Constitution bridges there are a bunch of bugs - strange shadow patterns from the lights which were not there last year, and incorrect animations for sitting NPC's. There are also missing door sounds and ambient sounds in certain parts such as the Engineering lab. In the shuttle bay, since the TOS Starfleet tutorial was revamped, the wall at the end of the shuttle bay is missing allowing the player to fall through into the void.

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Most of those bugs more or less originated in 2015. Some of them were fixed, but returned soon after so, yeah. pig-32.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Most of those bugs more or less originated in 2015.​
    Well, TOS stuff was added in 2016, so not quite as old...

Still, a few years back the overall 'ground' level for every map in STO dropped by about a foot and a half.
    Most maps weren't affected as the ground that you walk on is not the same 'ground' that the map uses.
    These NPC's are sitting relative to that 'ground' so they have dropped as well.
    Further evidence for the dropped 'ground' level can be found in "Coliseum" where, for a few years, you've now got to jump to enter the sewage pipe. Used to be you approached the pipe and clicked the interact for it, but you now need to jump to reach it because that pool of waste uses the dropped 'ground' for its' bottom.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    The TOS Constitution Bridge pre-dates the Agents of Yesterday content by a number of years as it was part of the 23rd Century Bundle and came with the Tier 1 Constitution Light Cruiser in the dim and distant past. This Connie was a pre-order special and later a stand alone buy option - think it still is for Dil. The issue with seating has been there for years, well before 2016.
  • Options
    I recently had a discussion with game support and they said this bug would be fixed soon, though they haven't said when.
  • Options
    The same bugs also affect the Pioneer bridge set.
  • Options
    This issue got worse for both the Constitution class (2267) and the Pioneer bridges when the Agent's of Yesterday tutorial was revamped, as the wall at the end of the shuttle bay was no longer there, and the player can go through it and fall down out of the world. It takes a few minutes, but the player does end up back on the "bridge" area of the bridge set. Using "I'm stuck" does not work, you just need to wait till you fall out of the world.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    my6kvh2qa5tn.png
    ooepjcu3i5q7.png
    bfqypwjfo090.png
    fmr9sl8nf3ns.png
    rqsgrj75yrx3.png
    9pnxq9u47g06.png
    This is the Constitution (2267) bridge issues.
  • Options
    wjji071dymbh.png
    t5hdab03n4py.png
    skzziit0aqxt.png
    nxa53s6yhs9u.png
    obfh02yencyd.png
    f8x2agi2aogh.png
    fyuia9epc0bz.png
    These are the issues with the Pioneer bridge, which has many of the same problems as the Constitution bridge, if not worse issues including a misplaced door where a Jefferies tube should be instead.