test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Unsaved Loadout Message is really frustrating and causing gameplay problems

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
edited June 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Technically not a bug this message is really frustrating and the idea to force us to save loadouts every time we make a change is very badly thought out for players. There needs to be an optional way to disable. I waste more time with this message then I did from not having it. Just because we changed the loadout unsaved it doesnt mean we want to save it. For example yesterday I was changing hangar pets between missions and this popup would apear between every map due to the pet pet usage. Another example I was in Earth Space Dock wanted wanted to swap between two rear Photon mines for Plasma Mines and changed 1 trait for a little bit of a change of pace but didn't want to override my core main loadout. So I load into the event TFO and lose my new setup as my loadout auto loads.

If I decided I want to try a plasma torpedo for an hour another popup. That doesnt mean I want to save the Plasma torpedo into my core profile build. It feels like moving maps readies the ship and then overrides the ship layout I want for the loadout.

The problem is just because we make a change we don't want to save it. We don't want to be overriding our core/main profiles just because we make a minor change for a bit. That's not the purpose behind loadouts or how many players use loadouts.

EDIT: Yesterday I was having no end of problems with this. Today I just changed some items, beam out out of Space Dock, gone to sector map, flown to mission, entered mission and no problems. No save popup, no resetting of items.
EDIT2: No idea what was going off yesterday all working correctly this play session.
Post edited by pottsey5g on