test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot access Research Lab console to purchase traits - SOLVED

vaniergentry#1273 vaniergentry Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but one of my characters can no longer access the console on the Fleet Research Lab to purchase traits. I've tested this with my other toons, and they have no issues accessing the menu, but with my temporal recruit, I just get a message that says "Trait and R&D Project Slot Store."
85kejf5hwf0j.png

It's supposed to give me a menu of trait slots available for purchase. I took the following screenshot with my delta recruit:
rd46uj5nqu38.png

All the toons are of the same rank in the fleet, they've all been in the fleet for at least a year. Has this happened to anyone? Is it happening to anyone?
Post edited by vaniergentry#1273 on

Comments

• Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I'm going to ask anyway although I expect you already know this, but is your Research Lab up upgraded to a level where you can actually buy the slots.
  • Options
    I'm going to ask anyway although I expect you already know this, but is your Research Lab up upgraded to a level where you can actually buy the slots.

Yes. The Research Lab is at max level. The screenshots I took are from 2 of my characters that are in the same fleet. In the first image, that's the message my temporal recruit gets when I'm at the console. The second image is the menu that pops up when I access the console with my delta recruit.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    The first screenshot you posted is the exact same screen I get for all my max level characters, including my Temporal Recruit, but that's because they have already bought every extra slot. Only my level 7 box opener hasn't and sees the list.

You say your Temporal Recruit can 'no longer' access the list. Are you saying you had access before, and that this is a new problem that has developed?

If you really haven't already purchased them, they should be listed at least, even if they are greyed out as in your second screenshot.
    Post edited by proteus#8097 on
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    85kejf5hwf0j.png
    This is similar to what I see on my character that has already bought everything.
    What are you trying to buy? Reputation Space/Ground Trait slots? R+D slot? If you can show us your Trait & R+D screen, we might be better able to assist you in explaining why you're not able to see/buy stuff.
    It's worth also pointing out that the 10th Personal Space/Ground trait slots say they can be purchased at the Fleet Research Lab, but this is in fact wrong - they are unlocked by purchasing an Elite Captain Token from the Z-Store.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    85kejf5hwf0j.png
    This is similar to what I see on my character that has already bought everything.
    What are you trying to buy? Reputation Space/Ground Trait slots? R+D slot? If you can show us your Trait & R+D screen, we might be better able to assist you in explaining why you're not able to see/buy stuff.
    It's worth also pointing out that the 10th Personal Space/Ground trait slots say they can be purchased at the Fleet Research Lab, but this is in fact wrong - they are unlocked by purchasing an Elite Captain Token from the Z-Store.

That's it! That's the issue. Thank you! I wanted to buy the Personal Space and Ground Trait slots. I was so confused. I clearly hadn't bought them, but they weren't showing up in the research lab either. So, I just need to get a token instead. Thanks again!
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    That's it! That's the issue. Thank you! ... I just need to get a token instead. Thanks again!
    Glad to hear you've got this sorted out now. \o/
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/