test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vulcan what?? An amusing search on the Exchange to finish the Winter Fleet Project!

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
Vulcan what?? An amusing search on the Exchange to finish the Winter Fleet Project made me think I was be playing a whole other type of game...

tprpcqye6272.jpg
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    made me think I was be playing a whole other type of game...

tprpcqye6272.jpg

You may want to avoid Risa in the off season.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    I think that's the Playstation auto fill being weird and it has nothing to do with the game.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    You won't even find anything with that search string 😉 It's called 'Vulcan Meditation Incense'. Unless they changed how the search works.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    made me think I was be playing a whole other type of game...

tprpcqye6272.jpg

You may want to avoid Risa in the off season.

Ponn Far is upon us again.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I think that's the Playstation auto fill being weird and it has nothing to do with the game.
    I know, but it was just too damn funny not to share.
    It's a bit worrying that the first auto-complete suggestion was the weird one and the sensible ones came after it...
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You won't even find anything with that search string 😉 It's called 'Vulcan Meditation Incense'. Unless they changed how the search works.
    Aye, in my rudhed efforts to find the items to finish the project, I forgot the 'meditation' part.
    When the search returned zero results, I remembered the missing part.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I'm reminded if the story of the boss who got mad at an employee for the "Suggested Videos" that popped up at the end of a work-related YouTube video. They tried to discipline the video creator, not realizing the algorithm that generates those suggestions uses the viewer's viewing history to generate them. Oops...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I know, but it was just too damn funny not to share.
    It's a bit worrying that the first auto-complete suggestion was the weird one and the sensible ones came after it...

Well IIRC the auto-complete is universal so if you or someone using your console had used that search string then typing in those letters...

though it could also be the default if that letter pattern is not used often enough for there to be history to draw on in which case it does give for shall we say interesting implication for Sony's programming team.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Maybe it goes by shortest matching first - that word is shorter than the other three.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.