test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PATCH NOTES FOR 5/19/22

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
edited May 2022 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 5/19, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11517593-pc-patch-notes-for-5/19/22

GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    The Borg Sphere and Borg Cube have been totally remastered with a new model and material.

Does that include the cube's death model too? Because that thing looks absolutely horrible - and needs some serious UV map correction too.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dameron92dameron92 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    So there is no fix for revelations mission, sad. I hope problem with lags will be fixed.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Yea...nice..but....not a SINGLE word about The Horrible Rubberbanding and Lags? Like really? Right now THIS is the Problem Numero UNO, this is making the Game allmost unplayable, and still no Fix AND not even mentioned in the Known Issues Section? Orly?????

Also: Game Crashes randomly, sometimes back to back within like half an hour or earlier, sometimes every few Hours, no matter what iam doing or where iam, both in Space and Ground, this too is damn friggin frustrating!
  • ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Basically this game has been completely unplayable for over a week now with updates that span 80% of my playtime and fix nothing. Y'all really need to take a class in Value Stream Management and learn the term Non-Value added work. and maybe a customer service class.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Are yous ignoring that the game is a mess at present or are yous going to announce some remedies, is this what Gearbox has to offer or is this current broken setup blamed on what the previous fat controls left. Given my experiences up to the day before the patch for StormFall were enjoyable days, no lag, no great issues a few boff powers are still broken , however what came after that patch is infuriatingly bad , even the Revitalised counterpoint is a mess and so is the experience on everyone of my toons through various missions. The solution to the problems is not distraction , look guys new shiny stuff in he shop to buy. just a pity the experience
    out of the shop and using it in game isn't going to be so great.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'm not apologizing for the Cryptic Dev team, but some of you are not realizing how software development works. if a problem is not game breaking, it goes into a queue. the stuff that was corrected on this patch was scheduled WEEKS if not MONTHS ago. some of the stuff that broke recently that has been fixed either directly effects player money, or was significant enough to be considered severe. Should they be saying, yes, we are aware of X, Y and Z? absolutely. but you cant really expect them to fix something that is annoying the next day. that's not how a software company works. they have to document proposed fixes, those fixes have to be approved, then coded, then tested, then QAed... hell my bank redid their online banking last weekend. the website is only working sporadically today, and the mobile app is completely non-functional.. and I am sure that bank has no where near the issues list Cryptic does
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I'm not apologizing for the Cryptic Dev team, but some of you are not realizing how software development works. if a problem is not game breaking, it goes into a queue. the stuff that was corrected on this patch was scheduled WEEKS if not MONTHS ago. some of the stuff that broke recently that has been fixed either directly effects player money, or was significant enough to be considered severe. Should they be saying, yes, we are aware of X, Y and Z? absolutely. but you cant really expect them to fix something that is annoying the next day. that's not how a software company works. they have to document proposed fixes, those fixes have to be approved, then coded, then tested, then QAed... hell my bank redid their online banking last weekend. the website is only working sporadically today, and the mobile app is completely non-functional.. and I am sure that bank has no where near the issues list Cryptic does

I've worked in software development as a programmer and this is the most disorganised mess I've ever come across, long standing issues go unfixed and also undocumented as 'known issues' even though said issues have been reported multiple times by multiple players over long periods.

It also seems to me that QC is seriously lacking with the 'testing' missing quite obvious issues that should have been caught before release, even with deadlines, with reputable developers if there are obvious issues (and there clearly were) the deadline for the release is changed with an explanation as to why to any existing software users.

Another issue that should have changed the deadline and should have been caught before release of any patch adding 'features' is the rubberbanding, my guess as to why the patch was pushed through anyway is because of the added paid content.

The software development manager seems to be failing in saying sorry the patch isn't ready, it contains a number of issues and the team hasn't been allocated enough time for the programmers to do their task or address unforseen issues that may arise. That is their job afterall.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    One of the things I noticed is that, when attempting to load into either ESD or DS9, the loading would freeze at 40%, and the game would just either freeze or boot you out (the booting thing is anecdotal and it was testimony by others when I'd rant about it in the in-game chat). When I manually closed out the game through the Task Manager and restarted, and after playing for a while and then tried to exit the game the way one normally would, the game would freeze during the exiting process.
  • samoth#4774 samoth Member Posts: 1 New User
    think I will wait on updating... until it seems a bit more stable, it's only at 1.5% thats been 10-15min now already. I'm good.
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 5/19, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11517593-pc-patch-notes-for-5/19/22

I feel I need to ask this question over here, because I'm not seeing anything about it on the Console side of the forums from the Devs. But, is there a timeline when this patch fix will be hitting the Console, as we're also having the same issues with all the Traits, Consoles, and DOff's unsloting and getting moved around? Not to mention not being able to change out BOff abilities for Away Teams, currently. It's been basically unplayable for over a week now, as you have to spend more time fixing your loadouts after every map change, than actually playing the game. It's ridiculous.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User

I feel I need to ask this question over here, because I'm not seeing anything about it on the Console side of the forums from the Devs. But, is there a timeline when this patch fix will be hitting the Console, as we're also having the same issues with all the Traits, Consoles, and DOff's unsloting and getting moved around? Not to mention not being able to change out BOff abilities for Away Teams, currently. It's been basically unplayable for over a week now, as you have to spend more time fixing your loadouts after every map change, than actually playing the game. It's ridiculous.

I suggest you post in either .... https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/xbox-one-gameplay-bug-reports

Or .... https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/ps4-gameplay-bug-reports

depending on the console you play on.
    eazzie wrote: »

I suggest you post in either .... https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/xbox-one-gameplay-bug-reports

Or .... https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/ps4-gameplay-bug-reports

That's the problem. A lot of people have already been posting about this over there for over a week, with absolutely no response to it from the Devs. Whenever there's an update that ends up doing more harm than good and effects both PC and Consoles, they're usually good about getting a fix for one and then the other in a reasonable amount of time. PC has had its bug patch fix for days now and it's still crickets for console players. Hopefully, they'll have something for "update Tuesdays" with a bug fix, but I'm not holding my breath because it's been "silent running" over there, lately. As one of my Fleet Mates said, "brace yourself... disappointment incoming."

--Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited May 2022

That's the problem. A lot of people have already been posting about this over there for over a week, with absolutely no response to it from the Devs. Whenever there's an update that ends up doing more harm than good and effects both PC and Consoles, they're usually good about getting a fix for one and then the other in a reasonable amount of time. PC has had its bug patch fix for days now and it's still crickets for console players. Hopefully, they'll have something for "update Tuesdays" with a bug fix, but I'm not holding my breath because it's been "silent running" over there, lately. As one of my Fleet Mates said, "brace yourself... disappointment incoming."

Any updates for Xbox and/or Playstation have to go through a process with the respective platforms before they can go live. PC does not have to go through that process, hence why those fixes happen faster for PC players.

GrWzQke.png

Any updates for Xbox and/or Playstation have to go through a process with the respective platforms before they can go live. PC does not have to go through that process, hence why those fixes happen faster for PC players.

I know, but it's been more than enough time for them to have done that. I'm starting to think they're holding the patch for Console because the one for PC included some other items for events that might not be active on Console, yet. If that's the case, that's kind of a poor reason. I understand it's easier for the Devs, but it's a pretty lazy reason.
    --Sadriel Fett

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator

I know, but it's been more than enough time for them to have done that. I'm starting to think they're holding the patch for Console because the one for PC included some other items for events that might not be active on Console, yet. If that's the case, that's kind of a poor reason. I understand it's easier for the Devs, but it's a pretty lazy reason.

This is the kind of feelings based "reasoning" that causes issues on the forum. You don't actually know the facts surrounding the process. You just feel it should be so. Your feelings, though, do not constitute the reality of the situation. I advise patience. The console patch is coming.

GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.