test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Away Team (Ground) Bridge Officer Abilities Menu/Selection

The 2022 MAY 10 patch and update seems to have eaten up the Away Team ability menus. In the first video, I'm trying to show that Lieutenant, Lt. Commander, and Commander abilities are showing every single bridge officer ability as selectable, no matter the level of the ability, or if it's a ground or space ability.

In the second video, I'm trying to show that any Bridge Officer that hasn't been used in an Away Team in the past, cannot have any away team abilities assigned to it. This used to be fixable, by just putting them into the away team, then beaming down and "cementing/solidifying" that they are "real" to the game. But now, as shown with the Bashir Hologram, and another Bridge Officer, even after beaming down with them, they are not able to be given away team abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnZa46hnPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaBQ2qh8yHY

Comments

• Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Upon further experimentation and investigation, I'm finding that this bug (these bugs) make it so that I can't change the Away Team abilities at all, even with the ones of appropriate level on officers that actually have ability slots showing.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    For me, it shows my Boff abilities as the ones I've assigned to them... but in practice, they're something else entirely (and has been said, I can't change them - or even if I can mechanically, the list of Boff abilities is invisible, so I can't tell which ones I'm selecting). Like say on my Dominion character, I have normal everyday Tac/Eng/Sci abilities assigned and that is what's shown, but suddenly they're using their Operative abilities now. And similar has happened on my other characters as well, such as a Tac Boff which I had assigned command abilities suddenly reverting to normal Tac abilities

...Well, that late one's been a rare, on-and-off issue for some time beforehand, but now it seems to be a minor symptom of this main issue.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    dirtydollarz#4124 dirtydollarz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue on PS4. Can't change away teams abilities, and the menu shows all the abilities space and ground.