test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Walk + ctrl keys broken

rhomaiosrhomaios Member Posts: 21 Arc User
When standing still and holding either ctrl key to enter walk mode, character can only move backwards with S key and turn right with D key. Character will not move forward when W key is held, nor turn left with A key.

If character is already moving forward and ctrl key held, character can only continue to move forward or turn right; A key will not turn character left. If from walk mode character comes to a stop by releasing W key, status reverts to first point - character cannot move forward nor turn left.

Holding ctrl keys and both mouse buttons to move forward, character does not walk at all but moves at normal 'jog' pace. (Not sure if that's a bug or characters could ever walk using both mouse buttons but thought I'd point it out.)

One might be inclined to think it's a hardware issue but I'm on a fairly new laptop and both keys work separately and together just fine in other games and on other programs. I have verified integrity of local files through Steam and un/reinstalled keyboard drivers from device manager and the issue still persists.

Comments

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    You need to go into the options menu, find the tab for ground keybinds, and manually set your choice for walk and apply, i have always used just left & right mouse button myself..
  • Options
    rhomaiosrhomaios Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    You need to go into the options menu, find the tab for ground keybinds, and manually set your choice for walk and apply, i have always used just left & right mouse button myself..

Great, thank you. That's sorted out being able to walk from a stationary position, but ctrl + A still will not turn my character left. I see the keybind was previously used to roll for greed loot, but even after changing the key bind ctrl + A to turn left still doesn't work. I've checked if ctrl + A is used by anything else, and ever after changing greed/loot in space for good measure anyway...still nothing.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Glad that part got sorted for you, try doing this instead of using CTRL + A.
    While holding down left and right mouse buttons for walk, use the mouse itself to swing your direction while using W to walk, A and D will walk you sideways, while W and S will take you forward and backwards..
    Hope that helps..

• Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 586 Arc User
    Still no word as to why Alien females and Reman females can't walk backwards (they turn around and face the screen when walking with the S key), but that's a conversation for a different thread.