test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It looks like the 0718 android boff might have some issues in the near future

lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/entertainment/game-thrones-actor-arrested-suspicion-040532645.html

Seeing as how when this kind of thing happens in recent years it seems par for the course for companies to pull things related to the people involved, barring contract issues, I have to wonder if anything is going to happen to the 0718 boff when more information about this situation starts getting out. At a minimum I expect this means there won't be any future kelvin timeline related content involving him in sto

Comments

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Most likely if charges are accurate in this case, cryptic will most likely just re-voice him with another voice over actor and continue on with their merry ways.
    As a father of 4, and grandfather of 3, i have no sympathy for kiddy fiddlers...
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Assuming the charges stick, they'll likely either remove the lines entirely or re-record them and patch new ones in.

Given how 0718 sounds they could anybody to do it.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @orangenee#2931 said:
    >
    > Given how 0718 sounds they could anybody to do it.

This. Just like the 'inquisitor voice box', just put a filter over it.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @orangenee#2931 said:
    >
    > Given how 0718 sounds they could anybody to do it.

This. Just like the 'inquisitor voice box', just put a filter over it.

Honestly there's a filter on the Android to begin with so there's not really that hard to replace the actor.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Most likely if charges are accurate in this case, cryptic will most likely just re-voice him with another voice over actor and continue on with their merry ways.
    As a father of 4, and grandfather of 3, i have no sympathy for kiddy fiddlers...

I don't have kids, but I, too, have NO patience for pedos. IF he goes to jail, he won't last long. Pedos are NOT tolerated in prisons, for the inmates WILL destroy him. Even deathrow inmates have no tolerance for pedos.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Hollywood's full of guys and ladies like that guy, many even worse.....
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    For anyone it may concern, Kael brought this up on the last livestream. Cryptic is aware of the situation, but to my knowledge, no decision has been made as yet.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    Might as well replace the BOFF altogether, it already resembles the actor.
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User

I don't have kids, but I, too, have NO patience for pedos. IF he goes to jail, he won't last long. Pedos are NOT tolerated in prisons, for the inmates WILL destroy him. Even deathrow inmates have no tolerance for pedos.

Nah, they put them in segregation so that can't happen. Not that it doesn't happen at all, certain situations involving certain people being in the wrong place with blind eyes turned by everyone.

Used to be a prison guard, not in the US though.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    (Comments related to real life violence removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    (Comments related to real life violence removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User

It would be nice to have more holo-Boffs in general. Generic ones, that aren't exact copies of or based off real people.

I'm not sure why, but it has always been a bit strange/awkward to me to walk around with an exact copy of someone else.

Although I own the new Janeway Boff, Holo Leeta and the TOS ones, I've yet to use them for that reason.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    OK, folks. Everyone has their feelings about the situation and the subject in general, but we are NOT going to have allusions/references to or talk/comments about violence against ANY human being, whether you believe they deserve it or not. Any such comments are a violation of the Community Rules and will be dealt with going forward as such. Thank you for your cooperation.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

It would be nice to have more holo-Boffs in general. Generic ones, that aren't exact copies of or based off real people.

I'm not sure why, but it has always been a bit strange/awkward to me to walk around with an exact copy of someone else.

Although I own the new Janeway Boff, Holo Leeta and the TOS ones, I've yet to use them for that reason.

In this particular case, it is a kind of chicken or the egg situation whether the android looks like the actor or the actor looks like the original concept for the android, that particular trope goes for a relatively narrow range of looks in the first place.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Relieved now I never acquired this item. I'll never get it now. It would be a reminder of some very unpleasant memories.
    And it is called 'Hollyweird' for a reason.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Relieved now I never acquired this item. I'll never get it now. It would be a reminder of some very unpleasant memories.
    And it is called 'Hollyweird' for a reason.

On that note its rather ironic you mentioned that seeing as there was a recent giveaway for keys where that boff was given out with some pack on one of the usual sites
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @lazarus51166 Nothing at all, "ironic" about it. You're just trying to score points by mentioning something unrelated to the topic. Nothing ironic at all about avoiding contact with something which reminds me of the registered sex offender in my family, either.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited April 2022
    OK, let's keep it frosty, folks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    I'm just hoping the model is altered such that I can customize it to suit myself.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    OK, let's keep it frosty, folks.
    Acknowledged aand understood.

• Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'm just hoping the model is altered such that I can customize it to suit myself.

That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!