test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Entire TNG cast set to return, joining Picard Season 3

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
edited April 2022 in Ten Forward
Besides Frakes, Sirtis, Spiner and Stewart - LeVar Burton, McFadden and Dorn are also said to be in Picard's third season.

Note that the video linked to in the Twitter thread's next post is currently hidden.

No idea how reliable all this is, but the Twitter account is from a NY Times journalist so I guess there is some truth to it.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Considering I saw a teaser trailer on Facebook from another source that reports Star Trek news... AND apparently there is a cast announcement from Paramount itself?

Yea. The band is getting back together for one last roadtrip through the stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGl8ypcjWeI
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Intreasting looks like season 3'll be fun
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    With each new season this show is getting more like what I wanted it to be from the start. It looks like S3 is finally going to be the TNG reunion show I was hoping for :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Big News - Spoilers (has to do with topic)...

How is it spoilers? We already knew that Picard was going to be 3 seasons. This reveals nothing except that we're getting a full cast reunion in Season 3. No story elements from Season 2.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    umm, the entire TNG main cast is back, thats a spoiler

Technically any detail about an unreleased show/movie/etc is a spoiler. And being technical, that would include every single trailer ever released for a movie/TV show.

That said, there is a "common sense" difference between:

A: what is being publicly advertised as part of the promotion of a show, and

B: some person who has already seen something telling specific details to someone who hasn't

This cast announcement is being publicly advertised to promote the next season. It is intentionally not being withheld as any kind of surprise that could be spoiled.

Whether that is a good decision or not is debatable, but that does not change the fact that this is public promotion/advertisement for the show, not any kind of "spoiler" details.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But the only way to avoid public promotion/advertisement like this is to avoid the internet completely.

So good luck with that!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Star Trek Picard: The Last Ditch Effort
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Star Trek Picard: The Last Ditch Effort

If we didn't already know S3 was the last season I might agree, but that being the case it feels to me like more of a "let's get the band back together for one last adventure" thing. And TBH, that sounds great to me.

If we're really lucky it would wind up being a backdoor pilot for a new Worf show or something, the same way Disco S2 led to us getting SNW.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Not the entire cast - Wesley Crusher still isn't there... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Not the entire cast - Wesley Crusher still isn't there... :smile:

Don't give them ideas!
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    It is the Star Trek > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > If we didn't already know S3 was the last season I might agree, but that being the case it feels to me like more of a "let's get the band back together for one last adventure" thing. And TBH, that sounds great to me.
    >
    > If we're really lucky it would wind up being a backdoor pilot for a new Worf show or something, the same way Disco S2 led to us getting SNW.

Bring on Star Trek: Captain Worf! it’s only overdue by a decade. It really might be the Star Trek renaissance after all. I think it is time to get rid of my Kurtzman effigy.
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I am excited and hope it'll be a worthy send off for Picard and the crew.

It's funny, they specifically wanted to avoid a TNG reunion for Picard, but the first season that went that way felt pointless and irrelevant. The second season with some returning characters and a ton of callbacks and eastereggs is much more entertaining and heartfelt. Season 3 might just be what PIC should have been all along - I just hooe they don't kill off all of them or more weird nothings like Picard's pointless dearh and resurrection android body...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am excited and hope it'll be a worthy send off for Picard and the crew.

It's funny, they specifically wanted to avoid a TNG reunion for Picard,

The working title of S3 was probably "ok fine, let's just do the TNG reunion that most people want" :D
    I just hooe they don't kill off all of them or more weird nothings like Picard's pointless dearh and resurrection android body...

That's my concern too. I'm actually ok with Picard dying; I think his character has had a full long life and been pretty fleshed out. But what I don't want is them killing off Worf. Dorn has bene advocating for a Worf series for a long time, and now that CBS is going hog-wild with Trek shows I hope they give him one. I hope whatever story they tell in Picard S3 doesn't ruin that possibility.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's my concern too. I'm actually ok with Picard dying; I think his character has had a full long life and been pretty fleshed out. But what I don't want is them killing off Worf. Dorn has bene advocating for a Worf series for a long time, and now that CBS is going hog-wild with Trek shows I hope they give him one. I hope whatever story they tell in Picard S3 doesn't ruin that possibility.

I'm fine with that and totally expect it to happen. However, the impact will be severly influenced by that nonsensical thing they pulled in S1 which, I am sorry that I can't let it go, lead absolutely nowhere. What were they trying to accomplish? Picard already had an 'android heart' which would have been sufficient for every analogy the show wanted us to see and in S2, when Q tells us of evil Picard's deeds, the line "this fight was the reason you (Picard) needed a synth body in this universe" was super clunky. It would have been the reason for his heart, I am fairly certain about that.

If they kill off Worf I'd riot. Rejecting Dorn's pitch for a show for so long was criminal. They owe us that show pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I seriously doubt they're going to kill off anyone.

Data was already dead, they didn't like Icheb's actor and Picard... well, he is very old, it could just be they wanted to do something with his mortality and him sensing his nearing end.

I don't think any of the other actors would join if they're just going to be there to have their characters be killed off. Certainly not Michael indeed.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Cool. Looking forward to it. Hope they bring Spot back (kept alive with modern medicine).
  • Options
    Wil Wheaton shares his thoughts on Wesley not being included in Picard S3:

https://wilwheaton.net/2022/04/writing-fan-fiction-is-never-not-fun/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    The working title of S3 was probably "ok fine, let's just do the TNG reunion that most people want" :D
    Never ceases to amaze me, how many Trek fans want to go where everyone has already been over and over.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Never ceases to amaze me, how many Trek fans want to go where everyone has already been over and over.

Really? It "never ceases to amaze" you how people (not just Trek fans, but fans in general) like seeing their favorite characters get back together again? You are easily amazed :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

Really? It "never ceases to amaze" you how people (not just Trek fans, but fans in general) like seeing their favorite characters get back together again? You are easily amazed :p
    Getting back together is one thing. It's the ones who want this to lead to Worf abandoning his responsibilities to the Empire to take up a captaincy, with Geordi and company aboard his ship, that I'm talking about. We saw TNG. Why watch it again, only without Picard?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options

Getting back together is one thing. It's the ones who want this to lead to Worf abandoning his responsibilities to the Empire to take up a captaincy, with Geordi and company aboard his ship, that I'm talking about. We saw TNG. Why watch it again, only without Picard?

This may shock you (or perhaps "never cease to amaze" you), but there are actually dozens (if not hundreds) of books that have been written over the decades telling the on-going adventures of the TNG crew post-shows/movies. Why? Hey, people love the characters and want to see their stories go on forever. Again, if this "never ceases to amaze" you, then you are truly easily amazed :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

Last time we saw Worf fulfill any responsibilities to the Empire, it was 2375. And even then he was probably still active as a Starfleet officer too. In Insurrection, we hear Riker say something about the Dominion negotiations, so the War had ended. From dialogue spoken by Picard, we know he's still stationed at DS9.

Other lines also suggest he's still on Starfleet duty there. ('PICARD: I don't know how they do it on Deep Space 9, but on the Enterprise, we still report for duty on time.')

And he still wore his uniform even in 2379 during Nemesis too.

Picard takes place more than 20 years after those movies anyway. Even if Worf had fulfilled some sort of diplomatic function shortly after those movies, there's plenty of time in between for events to have happened that caused him to return to Starfleet.

Geordi still has to design the Jellyfish. Which is capable of using Red Matter, which has caused significant political tension. Like other technologies had. Having a captain with an engineering background in such an environment is an interesting setting for a story that could be very different from TNG.

• Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    assuming the Picard books are canon, or at least are going to be looked into at all, Worf was chosen to captain the enterprise E after Picard. The fact is Worf was NEVER going to be a perminant ambassador to the Klingon Empire. It was the worst job in the world for him due to his close personal connection to the Klingon Chancellor. What happens if the federations intreasts clash with those of Martok's? where does Worfs loyalties lie?
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I don't know about S3. all of s2 i was Meh until the finale. not just the main finale part but the OTHER twist.. i was floored.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I'm guessing that the two cast members (maybe three?) will not be returning?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > Last time we saw Worf fulfill any responsibilities to the Empire, it was 2375. And even then he was probably still active as a Starfleet officer too. In Insurrection, we hear Riker say something about the Dominion negotiations, so the War had ended. From dialogue spoken by Picard, we know he's still stationed at DS9.
    >
    > Other lines also suggest he's still on Starfleet duty there. ('PICARD: I don't know how they do it on Deep Space 9, but on the Enterprise, we still report for duty on time.')
    >
    > And he still wore his uniform even in 2379 during Nemesis too.
    >
    > Picard takes place more than 20 years after those movies anyway. Even if Worf had fulfilled some sort of diplomatic function shortly after those movies, there's plenty of time in between for events to have happened that caused him to return to Starfleet.
    >
    >
    > Geordi still has to design the Jellyfish. Which is capable of using Red Matter, which has caused significant political tension. Like other technologies had. Having a captain with an engineering background in such an environment is an interesting setting for a story that could be very different from TNG.

Wasn’t the jellyfish made to save Romulus. That already happened before Picard, right?