test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta arc broken for Discovery Captains

amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited February 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a Discovery captain that has finished every mission up to the Kobali Front, but can't proceed because of a gameplay bug that won't give me mission:Kobali Front or any access to Kobali Prime, nor can I skip that mission. Developer says it's a known problem for Disco captains and a fix is being worked on, but no timeframe was given for the patch to be applied. Other Discovery captains should be advised. Anyone found an in-game workaround?

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    Have a look through all previous story arcs for any unplayed/unskipped missions as these will prevent progress in later story arcs even if you've got some missions already played in them.
    Be sure to click the "Skip" button or "Play" those missions.

If you've done that, you should then be able to Play "The Kobali Front".

If you're still experiencing problems, then I can better help if you are able to provide screenshots of your entire mission journal (a tall order, I know) or perhaps record a short video showing each page.
    This is the advice I've been sharing above as I've become a bit of an expert on finding and fixing Story Journal issues.
    However, if there is indeed a bigger bug affecting Discovery-era captains, then I may not be able to help.
    Still, I'd like to try, if you'll let me...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Thank you for your advise, but it isn't relevent. There are absolutely no skipped missions prior to the Kobali Front, the hail button simply brings up Janway saying all is well at the moment and doesn't start the mission. Curiously all three Kobali Crisis Acts are available in the journal, but without the ability to beam down to Kobali prime they can't be started either. there is no way to skip, no way to proceed in the arc without doing Kobali Front, BTW this is a level 65 disco captain. Support told me there is a bigger issue involving Disco captains only and a patch is in the works... Who knows how long we'll have to wait.
  • Options
    Alas, it doesn't look like a fix for this problem is included in the 2/24 update.
  • Options
    pelios6pelios6 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Also having same problem..i have done all previous missions..checked all missions..previous mission i did all trouble spots at least twice. Still not getting Kobali Front
  • Options
    I was hoping a fix might be announced in the 3/10 update, but it doesn't look like it...
  • Options
    I am confirming it is still not working. Has a fix date been announced yet?
  • Options
    Not that I've heard, but my fingers are crossed for the update announced for 3/15
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,482 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    > @amleth125 said:
    > Not that I've heard, but my fingers are crossed for the update announced for 3/15

There are no patch notes for PC during that long maintenance only for consoles. Instead see if it is fixed on Thursday. Thanks. 🙂
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options

sthe91 wrote: »
    There are no patch notes for PC during that long maintenance only for consoles. Instead see if it is fixed on Thursday. Thanks. 🙂

Somehow, I don't think I should get my hope's up for 3/17 either, but perhaps I'll be proven wrong...
  • Options
    craftynobody5craftynobody5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    amleth125 wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »

Somehow, I don't think I should get my hope's up for 3/17 either, but perhaps I'll be proven wrong...

You were not, a shame. But hoipefully soon, I just got a T6 ship req and I used it on my Disc character. I bet there's a priority list they have to work their way down from. Maybe next patch we'll get a fix.
  • Options
    neoncrimsonskye#5736 neoncrimsonskye Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    The devs really need to stop updating the game and releasing new content until all the bugs are fixed. Bugfixes should be the only focus right now.
  • Options
    The devs really need to stop updating the game and releasing new content until all the bugs are fixed. Bugfixes should be the only focus right now.

Ah, but bug fixes don't bring in the revenue. If it doesn't interrupt the flow of money why fix it?
  • Options
    Am I a glutton for punishment, holding out hope for tomorrow's update to contain a fix for the disco captains? Will they ever be able to continue the Delta arc? Will they ever set foot on Kobali Prime? Stay tuned...
  • Options
    nightingale2941nightingale2941 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Count me in the same boat. Shame when one of my Endeavors calls for ground killing X Vaadwaur.
  • Options
    Is anyone optimistic that the April 5th patch will address our poor Disco Captains plight? I read the news but didn't see any specific mention of it...
  • Options
    04/06/22 - I still cannot access Kobali Prime on my Disco Captain.
  • Options
    Perhaps the Dev's are all at the convention in Chicago? Maybe when they return...
  • Options
    I wonder if the 4/14 patch will bring any relief to the Disco captains problem regarding Mission: Kobali Prime? Probably shouldn't hold my breath...
  • Options
    torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    There -is- a workaround, until we get an actual fix:

Find a Non-Discovery character who has not yet done the Kobali Front mission (as it is not replayable). Team up with them, and have them hail and accept the mission, and then share it. The Discovery-Era character should now get the mission.

After that, the Non-Discovery character can safely drop the mission if they don't want it floating in their journal.
  • Options
    Just to clarify, they don't actually have to do the mission together?
  • Options
    I can CONFIRM this works!
  • Options
    neoncrimsonskye#5736 neoncrimsonskye Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    amleth125 wrote: »
    Perhaps the Dev's are all at the convention in Chicago? Maybe when they return...

Maybe they should stop releasing new content and going to cons until the game's millions of bugs are fixed. Just a thought. NO OTHER COMPANY WOULD EVER GET AWAY WITH THIS.
  • Options
    pasteur#1910 pasteur Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Noticed no one posted to check the available missions for Kobali Crisis Act 1, which is the sub-arc for Kobali Front.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I
    Noticed no one posted to check the available missions for Kobali Crisis Act 1, which is the sub-arc for Kobali Front.

I'm afraid that, as of the patch on 4/22, the problem persists and Disco captains still can't progress to the Kobali Front mission, unless they use torrynwoodsrunner's workaround described in an earlier post dated 4/13. Maybe next time...

Until you complete the Kobali Front, you can't beam down to Kobali prime for any of the Crisis missions