test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dropped Out Of Transwarp At Wrong Destination

synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
edited February 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi, if reading this and you have a problem with Transwarp options in game on PC, please follow up with a comment.

My issue I have noticed is that when selecting Alpha Quadrant and then Bajor Sector, the ship will transwarp to Defera Sector.

I have noticed a few other issues on occasion, such as Transwarp to Defera Sector not working at all (when not on cooldown) and I will come back here to report any further issues if I come across them again.

I took a long break from STO, been back a while now, but I was surprised to see a number of bugs still around after so many years, especially annoying ones such as visual warp in/out graphical glitches, but that's a different issue.

Devs, please can you check the code for all the Transwarp spawn points.

On that note, after all these years it might be a good time to do a QOL update to the overall travel system, update the Transwarp system, the warp animation, slipstream animation, the SFX, check the speed is all in order, the abilities + items that effect speeds, turns, inertia, etc...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the issue is with your game and not my ship 😂

Thanks guys.

EDIT: I forgot to add that right after Transwarp... Auto Navigation doesn't work. You can click on a systm, say Bajor, and then your ship just goes forward and doesn't turn. You have to use Auto-Nav a 2nd time on a different destination to correct this.

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    The auto-nav error occurs when your destination is on the same plane as your current position. Simply aim your ship up or down and retry. Transwarp to Bajor requires a coil. If you don't have a coil it transfers you to Defera if you have Tier 1 Omega rep done.
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Ahh okay that's really helpful thank you Kaithan!
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Ahh okay that's really helpful thank you Kaithan!

You're welcome.