test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A step between the stars ev bugged

ever since the update ( the additional slot for the EV suits ) the step between the stars mission is undo-able. you get to the part where you put on the ev suit and step out the door, no issues before the update now you die. yes I have put the ev suit in the right spot and it won't let me put it on the armor spot. My placements are right it just isn't working

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I had a problem with this mission this weekend too. You have to activate the EV suit manually here. It is broken in that it doesn’t auto activate.

There is a new EV activation button on the right side of your power tray... at least there is on PC.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    I had a problem with this mission this weekend too. You have to activate the EV suit manually here. It is broken in that it doesn’t auto activate.

There is a new EV activation button on the right side of your power tray... at least there is on PC.
    On consoles, we don't have that, but there is a toggle in the Character sheet - it looks like a c-shaped hook.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    robsr1967#8084 robsr1967 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Still not fixed.
  • Options
    kirkosism#7934 kirkosism Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've just completed this mission and encountered the same EV suit problem at the same location, and I play on PC but there wasn't a manual EV suit activation button on the UI either. Then I realised the toon was wearing the terran gorilla armour, so I swapped that out, tried again and still encountered the same issue. After several attempts I got sick and logged out, then came back to it 10 minutes later, and this apparently solved the issue. When I selected continue mission the EV suit activated on loading, even though I wasn't in a hazardous environment, so I could proceed with the space walk. I actually had to do that part twice because of another bug and for the manual EV suit button to appear in the UI, (persistence pays off apparently). The issue now is that whenever I slot an EV suit on that toon, it takes priority over the armour, regardless of the environment, but on the plus side, I now have all 3 Solanae EV suits to trade in for that toon! lol
    "We have them just where they want us"
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    The workaround from @inferiority and @fred26291 worked on PC.
  • Options
    grandpa5grandpa5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What worked for me, I took off my environmental suit, put it in my inventory. Beamed back to ship. Resumed the mission. Got to the point of getting a new suit. Tried to go thru and died again. I then went to my inventory and "switched" suits, and it immediately turned white showing me it was going to work, I then proceeded out into space and continued the mission.