test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/11/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited November 2021 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 10/11 at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11502343
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• tprxxtprxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that was sometimes causing a black screen to appear on machines with Intel cards that don’t have FL11 or higher when launching Star Trek Online. "
    I had absolutely no issues whatsoever before the patch. Now, when I load in, all I have is a dark screen. What do you mean, you "resolved" it? You just created that problem for me!
    I do see the cursor, and it seems to interract with elements of the character screen, but that's it.
    I'm now locked out of the game it seems.
    Grrr.
  • ktw33kwktw33kw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH CRYPTIC. SORT YOUR S@!* OUT. YOU GET WORSE AND WORSE EVERY WEEK.
  • argosovocz#1070 argosovocz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    how to solve a black screen problem. good than there was a new patch so I didn't have it here but after this patch I have a black screen bravo really bravo
  • hardviper9021000hardviper9021000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here. black screen..
  • truephoenyxxxtruephoenyxxx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same here. Blackscreen after the patch...
  • kussa#2252 kussa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Resolved? No. Tried? Yes. Made it worse? Also yes. But then, please fix this ASAP, i believe in you, thanks :3
  • rangeramongyourangeramongyou Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Count me in for the "black screen after the patch that wasn't there before the patch"...
  • ktw33kwktw33kw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It would be nice if we could get some kind of response from Cryptic. Or is that asking too much?
  • azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    tprxx wrote: »
    "Resolved an issue that was sometimes causing a black screen to appear on machines with Intel cards that don’t have FL11 or higher when launching Star Trek Online. "
    I had absolutely no issues whatsoever before the patch. Now, when I load in, all I have is a dark screen. What do you mean, you "resolved" it? You just created that problem for me!
    I do see the cursor, and it seems to interract with elements of the character screen, but that's it.
    I'm now locked out of the game it seems.
    Grrr.

Same problem and i dont even run Intel...i have AMD
  • trekkie78#7381 trekkie78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same here, black screen after the patch
    got a mouse pointer and I can hear the music playing in the background
  • megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Well, you've done it. You've managed to break the game enough that a computer designed to run this game can't now. "Slow Clap"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Count me in for the "black screen after the patch that wasn't there before the patch"...

Same .
    Screen turns black and the game stops loading before the Cryptic logo shows .
    Gets stuck on a black screen & have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to stop the game .
  • rascally8abbit#2284 rascally8abbit Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    All those upset or affected by the patch(es) I have put up a petition requesting 2 days be added to this event. I encourage all players even if you were not affected, to please sign this petition, in general discussion forum.

I hope it is not removed as it is not doing anything negative but letting those who manage Star Trek Online to see this problem.

Which processors do we know for sure were affected. I have a Skylake 6700K on a Z170 chip motherboard. The intel igpu is disabled. Run Windows 7 Pro with SP 1 and all patches up until the last release of patches before you had to buy continued support

This is a first bonafide attempt to see if players in the community can come together in asking something that isn't unreasonable or excessive. For some players they will be able to get extra dil based on when they finish the 10 daily red alert progress points, for others it will keep them on the schedule as if they have been able to play the last two days.
  • knightedwolfknightedwolf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Put me down for black screen issue as well
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Not one single problem to me, everything going smoot
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    All those upset or affected by the patch(es) I have put up a petition requesting 2 days be added to this event. I encourage all players even if you were not affected, to please sign this petition, in general discussion forum.

I hope it is not removed as it is not doing anything negative but letting those who manage Star Trek Online to see this problem.

Which processors do we know for sure were affected. I have a Skylake 6700K on a Z170 chip motherboard. The intel igpu is disabled. Run Windows 7 Pro with SP 1 and all patches up until the last release of patches before you had to buy continued support

This is a first bonafide attempt to see if players in the community can come together in asking something that isn't unreasonable or excessive. For some players they will be able to get extra dil based on when they finish the 10 daily red alert progress points, for others it will keep them on the schedule as if they have been able to play the last two days.

Instead of calling on other players to sign a petition, you should mention that the topic has been closed by a moderator because it is against the rules.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1264465/petition-for-the-red-alert-event-to-be-extended-2-additional-days-due-to-patches

By Darkbladejk "petitions aren't permitted on this forum for a multitude of reasons and are also covered under FCT list. if you are having issues I would contact support. otherwise there is nothing we can do here. /closed "
  • mslefaye#9397 mslefaye Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    how to solve a black screen problem. good than there was a new patch so I didn't have it here but after this patch I have a black screen bravo really bravo
    I solved the issue on my machine by running in max screen size 1920x1080 windowed rather than full screen.

This discussion has been closed.